Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 11:59 AM
    Turning off water for faucet replacement
    My husband attempted the rather easy job of replacing a kitchen faucet. After turning off water supply, water continues to dribble out of faucet.. He says there some problem in turn off valve. How does he replace valve if water is running out of the faucet? We DO have a well for water supply.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2006, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eball
    My husband attempted the rather easy job of replacing a kitchen faucet. After turning off water supply, water continues to dribble out of faucet.. He says there some problem in turn off valve. How does he replace valve if water is running out of the faucet? We DO have a well for water supply.
    You may shut the water of in one of several ways. (1) At the house shutoff or (2) simply shut the pump off, open a faucet and let the pressure bleed off. Good luck, Tom
    eball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 12:17 PM
    If we turn off thewell pump, when it's time to put it back on, will we have any problems with pressure? THANKS.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 17, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eball
    If we turn off thewell pump, when it's time to put it back on, will we have any problems with pressure? THANKS.
    No, the pump will pump up to the pressure set by the control box and shut off. You may have to open up a faucet at the far end to bleed off the air in the line. Good luck, Tom
    Knucklez Posts: 129, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2006, 08:15 PM
    You might hear some air escpaing the faucet when you first turn the water back on. That's OK. Eventually (5 to 10 seconds) the pipes all fill with water and its back to normal.

When you shut off water to the house and drain the lines, make sure you open the cold AND the hot taps to drain the line. I know.. sounds common sense. But I thought it good enough to open only cold and when I went to do work I got a blast of hot water in the eye because of trying to move too fast..

Also, you should select the lowest tap in your house to open. Usually, this means the laundry room in the basement...

Knucklez

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure loss after faucet replacement in kitchen [ 11 Answers ]

We replaced the Kitchen faucet because the old one had a water leakage. Since we change to the new faucet the Water pressure has dropped dramatically. We checked both the hot and cold water valves they were fully open. Any ideas.

Hot water faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My question is that my upstairs bathroom tub/shower the cold water runs fine. The hot water is much slower to come out of the faucet. I have faucets for both cold and hot water. They are Gerber faucets and I tried to remove the stem from the hot water to check it by removing the handle and the...

Faucet replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a faucet I need to replace. I only have a cold water line to use. The faucet I have has both cold and hot water hook ups. Am I able to use this faucet?

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

Faucet Replacement [ 7 Answers ]

My bathtub has a two handle hot/cold with a diverter for the shower/tub faucet. Water was coming out of the handles so I bought a kit to replace it. I couldn't tell what type of faucet that I currently had so I bought the kit that closely resembled the handles. After installing the kit, I...

View more questions Search