Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SouthernDigital Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 05:09 AM
    Symantec Endpoint 11.0 Def Updates
    Hi,
    I have Symantec Endpoint 11.0 I currently have 4 computers hooked up to a wireless network. I see that the standard daily virus def file is about 40MB.

I am limited on my monthly download amounts, therefore I want to download the daily virus update to only 1 computer and have the other 3 get the latest def from this one computer. I also have the Endpoint Protection Manager, however can not figure out how to accomplish this. I have spent hours on-line trying to figure this out but can't get it.

Any help will be much appreciated!!
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Apr 21, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDigital View Post
    Hi,
    I have Symantec Endpoint 11.0 I currently have 4 computers hooked up to a wireless network. I see that the standard daily virus def file is about 40MB.

I am limited on my monthly download amounts, therefore I want to download the daily virus update to only 1 computer and have the other 3 get the latest def from this one computer. I also have the Endpoint Protection Manager, however can not figure out how to accomplish this. I have spent hours on-line trying to figure this out but can't get it.

Any help will be much appreciated!!!
    You need to install EPP on the primary computer as a Symantec EPP Server and then set your updates to daily. On your other 3 machines, install Symantec EPP as clients and point them to your primary machine as the server. Set their udpates to daily and offset each of them by one hour so there's less network pull at the given update time. Hope this helps.
    SouthernDigital Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Thanks so much for the reply.

Ok so do I need to install/use Endpoint Manager at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hosting computer games with Symantec Endpoint [ 2 Answers ]

I have Symantec Endpoint Antivirus software on my computer. I play starcraft on here and have been playing fine for a few years. My problem is hosting games on it. I have had a wireless connection for the past 3 years and I know how to open the specific ports, 6112, to let my host games. I recently...

Symantec corp [ 2 Answers ]

Hey'll Is there a way to unistall symantec corporate edition on a client machine without knowing the installation password... This machine has been off the network ! Much appreciated,

Symantec [ 2 Answers ]

How do I disable rtvscan as it is slowing down pc's to a crawl ?

I have both Nod ans symantec Antivirus [ 11 Answers ]

I have both Nod and Symantec Antivirus installed on my laptop. Does it create a confilction? Which one should I uninstall?

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

View more questions Search