Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heartbroken7 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 06:57 PM
    How do I get over this heartbreak and move on?
    Hello,
    I've recently broken up with my boyfriend... he was lying to me about talking to other girls, and just lying about everything really. Come to find out after fighting for two days about something that I thought was bothering him, and him insisting there was nothing, he finally spilled it that the girlfriend he had before me is late and might be pregnant. WOW.. what a shock. I promptly told him we were done and that I'd go by in a couple days to pick up my stuff. When I went to his house, mainly to see his son one last time and say bye, the ex was just acting weird, even reached out once and touched me lovingly on the face! I completely ignored that. And when I was leaving, he gave me a long, heartfelt goodbye hug, looked me dead in the eyes, said he was sorry, and kissed me on the cheek. It took everything in my power to drive away after that. I was shaking.
    Since the break up, I get so antsy not talking to him that I end up texting him by some power that I can't control. So I text him but that always turns into a fight because I am still mad at what he did to me. After a spat yesterday morn, we have not spoken at all. I have been trying my damndest to be silent.. but it is so hard! How do you stop talking to someone you have talked to everyday for months non-stop? I feel so lonely!
    Another problem I am having is I snoop... not proud of it, but I know his passwords to hotmail, myspace, and Facebook, and cannot stop the compulsion to snoop. I am just severely hurt by the whole ordeal. What do I do? :confused:
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 07:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. Time heals all wounds. You're just going to have to be patient with yourself and give yourself time to recover.

Here is a list of tips that you can help you: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...qs-332732.html

Basically you have to block him out of your life completely. Deleted him from all your social networks. No picking up his phone calls. No returning his emails or text messages. Every time you fall into that trap, it will just drag out the healing process and prolong the pain.

Until you have fully recovered, you got to withhold any urges to talk to him or read stuff about him on a social network.

Keep yourself busy. Check out the list.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbroken7 View Post
    Since the break up, I get so antsy not talking to him that I end up texting him by some power that I can't control. So I text him but that always turns into a fight because I am still mad at what he did to me.
    You can control it by not texting him. Delete him off your cell and don't think of texting him again or calling.

How do you stop talking to someone you have talked to everyday for months non-stop?? I feel so lonely!
    You go into no contact no matter what don't break it. Talk to other people like friends or family and go out and meet new people.

Another problem I am having is i snoop... not proud of it, but i know his passwords to hotmail, myspace, and facebook, and cannot stop the compulsion to snoop. I am just severely hurt by the whole ordeal. What do I do?? :confused:
    You block the websites like what I did so you can't go on it anymore. It will just bring more pain to go onto the website and seeing him move on with his life without you.

Let him go. Move on with your life and disappear from his. Good Luck Hope this helps

-none12345

Apr 21, 2009, 05:07 AM
    Thank you both so much for your advice. I am still driving myself crazy thinking about him and everything that happened. I do still have to meet him once more, on the first, to collect money owed and an old computer. That's ten days from now, and I figure if I can make it that far, maybe seeing him will not hurt me as much as it did this last time. I think I will ask to meet him somewhere else besides his house, since that's where we spent all of our time together. Any advice on how to handle the stress of the meeting without being super- to him or depressing myself about shoulda-wouldas?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:39 AM

Advice on meeting, make it as short as possible. The quicker everything goes, the better it will be for you. Avoid talking about your relationship and just do the exchanging of things
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 06:58 AM

Taking a friend with you could help.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 09:44 AM
    That's ten days from now, and I figure if I can make it that far, maybe seeing him will not hurt me as much as it did this last time.
    It takes a long time to get over the pain, 10 days the feelings are still fresh, so be prepared.

Apr 30, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Thank you both so much for your advice. I am still driving myself crazy thinking about him and everything that happened. I do still have to meet him once more, on the first, to collect money owed and an old computer. That's ten days from now, and I figure if I can make it that far, maybe seeing him will not hurt me as much as it did this last time. I think I will ask to meet him somewhere else besides his house, since that's where we spent all of our time together. Any advice on how to handle the stress of the meeting without being super- to him or depressing myself about shoulda-wouldas?
    Ok so I go to meet him tomorrow... I'm going out of my mind! I am so nervous! I am running it through my head, how its going to happen and I don't know what I should do? See him without a word and get my stuff? Talk to him about things that are bugging me (someone suggested I get it all out in the open so I don't hold it all inside)? Help!
    Alwerd54 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:17 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Trust me, it will get better. It will take time, but it will get better. Honestly, the best thing I ever did when I had to get over my ex; I deleted her number, blocked her on all social networks and I did stuff to keep my mind off things. Make sure you meet at a neutral place, not his or yours. Go with a friend, this way if things get sour, the friend can pull you away from the situation.

Apr 30, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Thank you for your help. Part of me wants to go alone, just to see what he says or what happens. Is it bad for me to want to know what he will say? What will happen? I really want to know if he misses me, thinks about me like I think about him? I want to see if he is really doing as well as he seems to be? I really am just driving myself crazy, can't you tell? HAHA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I survive heartbreak? [ 6 Answers ]

11 months ago I ran into a childhood friend of mine and we started dating shortly after. The summer went by and I left to go back to school in the midwest. I lived on the west coast at the time, but we decided to stay together. When he came to visit me I found out he had previously cheated on me...

Heartbreak is exhausting [ 4 Answers ]

I don't really know where to go to for advice anymore - obviously. I was dating this guy for 2 years, and the whole 2 years was pretty messed up I don't even know why I loved him so much. 1st off he's very good at realing someone in, and I fell hard for him fast and I'm not really like that, I...

Heartbreak song [ 9 Answers ]

Hiiii i need a heartbreak song asap!!! Oh and with no curse words please :)

Heartbreak how do I get over it [ 5 Answers ]

My partner and I had been together 2 years with a 11month old son when he finished it with me last week, I am totally heart broken especially as he is already txting and kissing another girl, I have asked him to hold back with her as it hurts too much but it doesn't seem to have much affect with...

Heartbreak all over again [ 6 Answers ]

I've just been told that my ex has secretly been seeing one of my mates, and apparently they are together. I am absolutely, as you could imagine, hurt. As her main reason for finishing me was "i can't cope with a relationship and uni all at once" She doesn't seem to care, I had to ask her if it was...

View more questions Search