Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuperGirlsCrazi Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 05:41 PM
    Pain in lower abdomen?
    :confused:ok I have a occasionally sharp pain in the right side of my lower abdomen- around my hip-bone. It comes and goes... its been like this since 2:30 this afternoon. I have continuous dull pain that is higher up and more on myside; which I've had all day and then I get the sharp pains that are in my lower abdomen on the right side. I've had this type of pain before I just don't remember it being as bad as this or lasting as long. The reason I put this in women's health is because as I've said I've had this happen before; most often before I start my period occasionally I'll have pain like this throughout my lower abodomen; usually when I'm on my period. There have been times when its gotten to the point where I couldn't move without wanting to cry. I think part of the reason the pain could be worse is that I might have pulled a muscle on my side yesterday when I fell at a odd angle; but I don't know

I'm not sure what could be causing this pain, I'm 18; I'm in pretty good physical condition, I am sexually active... I'm a week and a half late for my period...

I'd like to know what could be causing this pain and what I can do for the pain... because I'm usually not to big on taking medicine but when I hurt like this I take ibprofen like its candy...
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 05:43 PM

Take a pregnancy test.

Apr 21, 2009, 06:53 PM

I apretiate the suggestion; but here's some concerns with that: I was suppose to start my period on April 10th I had sex on April 18th; its not uncommon for me to be late and that was the first time I've had sex since December. Sunday night on the 19th I had a little bit of spotting; pale pink, brown, and clear slimy discharge. And then on Monday the 20th I had that really bad pain. I'm fine now my side itself is still a little sore; like I said I'm pretty sure that I pulled a muscle however the pain around my hip-bone wasn't the pulled muscle... anyway... I know that it's too early to take a pregnancy test but since my periods already off; how long should I wait to take one, if you even think that's what it is give everything I just told you.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 10:31 PM

You can wait another week or two. Are your periods regular? Are you on any form of birth control.

Apr 22, 2009, 01:24 PM

I was spotting again last night; same thing except for I had dark red stuff that looked kind of like dried blood not even enough for a liner or anything... mostly just when I wipe... No I'm not on any birth control, and my periods aren't regular; well actually for me I suppose they are; I'm always about a week late, so I never even consider myself "late" until about two weeks... which I've had happen before... theres been times when I didn't have my period for 2 months (before I was sexually active) so I've never really worried... except between the pain and the spotting I'm curious because I never have spotting... my period flow is always really heavy... and usually I have pain the day or so before I start... but never that bad... I just don't know... but its got me weirded out... beause I don't know if something's wrong with me or if my period is just off
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 01:37 PM

visit your gyne and take a pregnancy test

Apr 22, 2009, 01:46 PM

So I should wait to take the pregnancy test though because there's no way it could show up this early?
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:33 PM

How late are you, there a lot of test that can detect HCG pregnancy hormone <25, test like

First response (test 4 days before expected period)
    Clear blue easy

Are really good and they are very accurate

Apr 22, 2009, 08:20 PM

I'm almost two weeks late, but I had sex after I had already been a week late... so... I don't know, I have no expeirience or knowledge in the whole pregnancy test area and it just seems imposible to be able to tell 4 days after I had sex even if I am late...
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 08:58 PM

No you misunderstood what I said, the first response test allows you to test 4 days before your expected period. Meaning if you are late you can test now. But since you are unsure on how to do a pregnancy test maybe its best to visit a clinic and have a blood test done.

Apr 23, 2009, 02:01 PM

I know how I'm saying that if I conceived it was after I was already late... which I though would meant that I would need to wait longer... its just the timing issue confueses me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Lower right abdomen pain-every test has come back negative. [ 1 Answers ]

My sixteen year old daughter has been experiencing pain in her lower right abdomen since the fall. The pain does come and go, but it is there everyday. It is brought on by movement. She is very active, so it has really interfered with her life. She had a paratubal cyst dangling off her fallopian...

Pain in lower abdomen [ 3 Answers ]

:)Hey I really need some help!! My brother is 13 years old, for the past year he has had excruciating pain in his left lower abdomen, or between his ribs, and his pelvic bone. It will come spiratically. Like he will be in pain every night for about 2 weeks, then he may not have pain for another...

Pain in the lower abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Iam a 29 year old married woman from India. Iam 30 weeks pregnant and right now at my mother's place which is 300 kms away from my home. The cliamte at this place is entierly adverse to my town's climate. I came here ten days back and was normal. But recently I am experiencing pain in my...

Pain in lower abdomen/anus & when passing gas [ 1 Answers ]

I have pain in my lower back (anus) when I sit or walk, and especially when I feel like passing gas or having a bowel movemnet, what could be wrong with me. Please treat as urgent, this condition have been going on for the past 5 days. Thanks

View more questions Search