Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mv2008 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2008, 09:44 AM
    I don't know about forgiveness in this situation but time does heal. I was cheated on and that made me realize that I deserve better. Nothing he says will make you feel better about it, even if he tells you the truth. Take one day at a time and in time you will start to feel better little by little.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 16, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mv2008
    I don't know about forgiveness in this situation but time does heal. I was cheated on and that made me realize that I deserve better. Nothing he says will make you feel better about it, even if he tells you the truth. Take one day at a time and in time you will start to feel better little by little.
    To forgive him doesn't mean to forget, and it certainly doesn't mean going to him and saying you forgive him. No not at all! The forgiving is for her, and her only. He doesn't deserve the satisfaction of knowing. He was a liar and a cheater, and he deserves nothing from her. The forgiveness is all for her, because if she holds on to the hurt, he still has control in her life. It doesn't mean she has to forget. It's experience that will help her in other relationships.
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Jan 19, 2009, 01:03 AM

You need to realize that you deserve so much better then this, SCUM BAG. Get up off the ground and stand up for what is rightfully yours. Which is love and respect.

Don't hate him, that would be giving him too much of your emotions that he doesn't deserve.

Give him apathy. Delete him from your life. And in time, YOU WILL BE A STRONGER PERSON.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2009, 01:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RiSk23 View Post
    I no exctly how yu feel!!!...with me he just kised a gurl and drank...nd I slped him and. Broke up with him...embarest him infornt of evry1..and went 2 florida. Without him nowin for 2 months...I came back 2 hear he was clubin and tlkin 2 gurls...I was furious..so I would cry at nyt nd stuf..because I'm just to sensativ..I threw most of our stuff away..burnt pix...nd the hole nine...I seen him 1nc..nd both of our heart droped...nd we texted eachother...telling echother ectly how we felt..I found out he just kised dat gurl nuhting els..nd. but dat didn't giv me no simpathy 4 him..but the thing was I was in loveeeeee with this guy..he hadd meeee soo deep into him...nd I just went crzy inside thinkin how sutch a sweeet guy could ever do dis to. Me..evn if I was just a kis!...nd I realy hope "1nc a cheeter alwayz a cheeter iznt tru"/..cuz he iz truly sory and were trying 2 maintain a. Helthy reationship..but back 2 u...he had a whole realithsip with da gurl..nd if das wat my boyfrnd did..he wud never hear from me agin..das alil bit over board...he has no heart nd yu shudent be settaling for less..cuz u way abov that....listin ..go out hav fun ..get a new hair cut..liv life nd sum1 will along...das what I kept teling myself..but in my case and circumstances..it was way dif...but cheeters all shair dat one quailtyy..."stupidness"..so take my word...forget about dis guy..nd make sure yu let him no everyhtin in ur heart..befor u do anyhting....hoep I helped xoxox take a risk

Please also take note when you are answering questions, the date the question was posted. This thread was posted well over 2 years ago RiSk! Yes, some threads are still helpful to others, if you read through all of the posts, but I don't believe that is what you did. You agreed to read the rules and regs. When you joined AMHD. Please do so. Thank you! :)
    mzsoftee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 01:02 PM
    I have and I guess am in this same situation. My boyfriend and I had been together for a little over a year. He cheated, this resulted in a pregnancy. I forgave him but it seems that he always has ties to the baby's mother. I don't trust him at all. I am trying to get past the entire situation. I move on then he comes back and promises that things are not like I think they are. I believe him and go back. Things are fine for a while then back to the same old stuff. I am tired of this merry go round. How do I make my heart do what I know in my head should be done. This is a situation that I know will never work. I will never trust him. But I love him sooooo much.
    claudia29 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Hello , I am in the same boat. My boyfriemd cheated in April. He has a one night fling. Till this day I can't forget what he did. I keep obsessing about the details , I keep wondering what she looked liked, and wondering how many times he had sex w/ her ( he did not come home until 10am the following morning) I wonder if he has seen her again. I love him so much that I don't have the strength to leave him . I have been w/ him 3 yrs and e live together. I feel I love him more than he loves me (obviously)... I would love to see how you are dealing with this pain... I no longer trust him... every time he steps out I assume he is cheating... I just can't get over it
    goodadvicenow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 08:45 PM
    Sweetheart, you need to love yourself first and foremost. I have been in 4 serious relationships and each ended tragically with all of them lying and cheating on me. What's the common denominator ? Me ? You ? We choose men unworthy of our love. If we loved ourselves half as much as we have loved our men, we would never be feeling the pain we now feel. I just caught number 4 TODAY. He accidentally sent me a text meant for her. Hes not picky, she has NOTHING on me, just a willingness to be lied to and used.
    The signs are there if you pay attention. Its not us. I am loving, trustworthy, giving and forgiving, and the perfect prey for scum who use, lie and cheat. I'm a magnet for deceitful men. If your boyfriend is capable of living a dual life for 18 months, wanting his cake and eating it too, you need to run, as he has no morals, scruples, integrity and certainly isn't worthy of you ! You are beautiful and there is a man who will recognize this. Hes waiting for you. Be open in spirit , heart and mind for him so he may enter your life. We are all worthy of love and devotion when we offer love and devotion. Your merely misplaced right now, it's that simple. Don't give it anymore attention. Free your heart for the love you deserve. Say good bye to Mr cheat and have pity on him for he is incapable of true love. My advice, the advice I will follow, pay attention and run, not walk when your intuition notifies you. Men are sloppy and stupid always leaving a trail to be caught. And if you don't know the signs, the internet will tell you everything you need to know.
    Love interest number 4, is history in my mind. I mourned for half an hour and moved on to loving me.
    LOVE YOURSELF FIRST.
    K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cheating [ 28 Answers ]

Hi.. I am looking for some advice on what path to take in my life right now. I am 27 married and have a 1 year old little girl with my husband. I recently found out that he cheated on me when he was deployed to Japan. When I found out at first he said that they were just friends and that's all,...

Cheating? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a friend back home that called me earlier today and I thought I might ask her question here since I know what wonderful feedback I can get. Ok so here's her situation, She has recently been having a "gut feeling" that something isn't right in her relationship with her hubby. They have...

Cheating [ 12 Answers ]

Hello: I am an architect. My doctor tells me that there's a drug that will make me a better architect. If I take it, will that be cheating? excon

What should I do with my lying, cheating boyfriend? [ 6 Answers ]

During Oct 2003, about 3 months into dating, I found out that my boyfriend was emailing girls he found online in a "hookup" website and discussing sex. He promised never to do it again. Well, less than 1 week later, I found another email so I broke it off. I should mention that he said it never...

Is he cheating?! [ 8 Answers ]

I have a question... OK my boyfriend as far as I know has never cheated on me, but now I have this weird feeling that he has or wants to cheat on me its really odd. Here's the questions: How do I know if he is? Should I ask him? If he is what should I do? He says he wants someone...

View more questions Search