Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Apr 20, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Good! Stick to it too. And remember, this is for you AND her. It doesn't seem that way, but it might just be the thing that forces her to take a look at herself. I hope so.

You and I both know you will hear from her again. Remember, no contact. Don't respond, even to tell her you will not answer her.

You didn't tell me yet - is she like this with others, or has she been this way for a while? Is there a pattern?
    She feels like a failure because she is 28 this year and doesn't have a career and still studying.. she lives at home with her mother and lives from paycheck to paycheck. She doesn't have friends because she works by herself and she doesn't make friends with people easily. She lost contact with her old friends and blames that on me. She gets mad at anyone who tells her what to do, or gives her advice. Her mother was looking forward to the wedding and wanted to invite some of her friends, but she went crazy and fought with her mum. Everyone she knows is scared to mention anything to her, is walking on eggshells because everything sets her off. Even my parents are scared of her and don't dare ask her any wedding questions. They ask me and I say I don't know, because even I don't want to ask her, it will just set her off.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    she is so bad
    She says "I am so bad." That is called shame. Guilt is "I did a bad thing." Shame is "I am bad." Something happened to her a long time ago to cause this feeling of worthlessness in her.

Apr 20, 2009, 09:35 PM
    She says "I am so bad." That is called shame. Guilt is "I did a bad thing." Shame is "I am bad." Something happened to her a long time ago to cause this feeling of worthlessness in her.
    She has had quite a bad past, starting with the death of her father when she was 5, and since then, its been horrible. I will not go into detail, but she has had major problems and things happen to her, and I mean MAJOR. She became a Christian a few years ago and thought she left that life behind her, but its still in her head and it has an effect on her today.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 09:36 PM
    She feels like a failure coz she is 28 this year and doesn't have a career and still studying.. she lives at home with her mother and lives from paycheck to paycheck. She doesn't have friends coz she works by herself and she doesn't make friends with people easily.
    And all that only adds fuel to the fire of worthlessness. In fact, she probably sets it up, makes them go wrong, so she can live a self-fulfilling prophecy that things will go wrong because she isn't worth it.

Apr 20, 2009, 09:39 PM

Well she wasn't always like this... ever since I stepped into the picture apparently... according to what she says... so since I'm out of her life now, she should do better
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Well she wasn't always like this... ever since I stepped into the picture apparently... according to what she says... so since I'm out of her life now, she should do better
    Don't blame yourself. From your earlier post, the death of her father might have been the catalyst that started this rollercoaster ride. You are one of the good things that has come into her life, but, since she believes she is a bad person and isn't worth having anything good in her life, she has to get rid of you too, or make it seem like she is.

Apr 20, 2009, 09:52 PM

I don't really agree with that... I mean there have been times in her life where she thought things were going fine, she has a job, was studying, had money, friends, but she was lonely, wanted to have a relationship, but when I came in, all of a sudden, she got sick, lost her job, lost contact with her friends, got a job which wasn't good, didn't pay much and she didn't study as much because she didn't have time. It seems like I was the poison that came into her life and killed everything and she had to get rid of me to save her life.

I've always had a low opinion of myself, but for a while I thought I was good for her, like I made her happy. Then things went south, and no matter how much I tried to help, things got worse.

I can only hope and pray that without me in her life, she will be happier and be better. Her happiness outweighs my own...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 09:56 PM
    I don't really agree with that... I mean there have been times in her life where she thought things were going fine, she has a job, was studying, had money, friends, but she was lonely, wanted to have a relationship, but when I came in, all of a sudden, she got sick, lost her job, lost contact with her friends, got a job which wasn't good, didn't pay much and she didn't study as much because she didn't have time. It seems like I was the poison that came into her life and killed everything and she had to get rid of me to save her life.

I've always had a low opinion of myself, but for a while I thought I was good for her, like I made her happy. Then things went south, and no matter how much I tried to help, things got worse.

I can only hope and pray that without me in her life, she will be happier and be better. Her happiness outweighs my own...
    Things could have been going fine. A self-esteem problem doesn't run 24/7. You, being such a good and positive thing, might have become the catalyst so that all had to become bad in her mind. Don't think of yourself as poison. I truly believe she has shame issues from something in her past.

Do the no contact thing and see what comes of it. Talk with the pastor too.

Apr 20, 2009, 10:03 PM

Thanks will do... funny... we were meant to go sign the Intent to Marry forms tonight with my pastor, but I guess there won't be any need for that then. I will just go talk to him for my own piece of mind. Thanks a lot for the advice.

I will try my best to maintain the no contact rule. I did pretty well the first time, no contact for a month, but she had a phone then and was trying to call me.

This time she doesn't have a phone and thinks I'm in the wrong, so I doubt I will hear from her again, but we shall see... Thanks again
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 10:07 PM
    This time she doesn't have a phone and thinks I'm in the wrong, so I doubt I will hear from her again, but we shall see... Thanks again
    You'll hear from her again. Trust me on that. I send you huge doses of courage to maintain no contact.

Btw, I remember you from earlier days here on this site and have only good thoughts about you. I'm so glad you have been working on conquering your own demons! Would that we all do that!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 10:15 PM

I went back in your posting history. Aaaaaaaaah. Last October 3, simoneaugie answered you with this: "Her trouble with your sisters is because one of her buttons got pushed. She has an unresolved issue of pain or shame. Ideally, she would talk to you about it, (your sisters about it) or get some therapy to get it out in the open and talked about.

If she does not confront what is really going on with her, this issue will rear its ugly head again.

Just an opinion."

Someone here recognized her problem back then. Now I feel better and stand by what I said here tonight.

Apr 20, 2009, 10:22 PM

Yes, u are right, we have been here before, and it does seem to be a loop. When I broke up with her in Jan, that was it.

Then she came back and was being better, got closer to God, saw my family and was okish with my sisters too. Things were going well, then this happened...

I guess she keeps falling back into this state she is in now... she may come out of it for a while, then goes back in. I guess she has to sort herself out
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Yes, u are right, we have been here before, and it does seem to be a loop. When I broke up with her in Jan, that was it.

Then she came back and was being better, got closer to God, saw my family and was okish with my sisters too. Things were going well, then this happened...

I guess she keeps falling back into this state she is in now... she may come out of it for a while, then goes back in. I guess she has to sort herself out
    So let's get off the rollercoaster for a while and see if that helps. After all, you and I both want to help her find herself and be okay again. It's tough love time. Are you ready?

Oh, yeah - what about your families? What will you say to them?

Apr 20, 2009, 10:46 PM
    So let's get off the rollercoaster for a while and see if that helps. After all, you and I both want to help her find herself and be okay again. It's tough love time. Are you ready?!

Oh, yeah - what about your families? What will you say to them?
    Yeah I think I've had enough of this ride...

She just sent me an email saying since the phone is broken, and she is cleaning out her room, will probably sell the ring and move away.

I believe this is what she will do, because she has done it before to other people in her past.

Oh well, there is nothing I can do to stop her. I love her, but I can't control her and what she does, so if this is her decision, that's what's he is going to do.

Tough love will turn out to me no love because she is really going away, but I guess its time.

I think both families will be sad about this. My parents and friends will be shocked by this, but her friends will be a little happy I guess because they didn't really like her being with me, but her mother will be sad about it, because she did like me a lot, but she will be used to her daughter's behavior. Oh well. Nothing left to do here...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 07:47 AM

Lots left here. You talking to your Pastor... Improve on yourself and letting her go.

Take the steps.

Joe

Apr 21, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Lots left here. You talking to your Pastor... Improve on yourself and letting her go.

Take the steps.

Joe
    Hey Joe, thanks

When I said "Nothing left here for me to do..." I meant like nothing left for me to do in the relationship. Its well and truly over now, and after talking to my pastor last night, I realized there were too many issues and problems, not just with her, but with the whole relationship. I was wrong a lot and didn't do the right thing either, but now when I try to do the right thing by her, it seems like its too late.

Anyway, I'm going to try to do more things for myself now. No contact will be hard, but it has to be done. Im sure she will realize what she has lost in time and that she needs help, but I can't wait around for her, hoping she will get better. I have to do what's best for me.

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2009, 03:29 PM

Anytime, I am glad I was able to help out somewhat.

I am also glad that you spoke with the pastor and He gave you some insight on the situation as well.

I wish you the best in your future.

Talk to you later,

Joe
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 21, 2009, 03:31 PM
    I was wrong alot and didn't do the right thing either, but now when I try to do the right thing by her, it seems like its too late.
    It sounds like you would never have been able to totally please her and were shot down from the get-go.

Yes, continue to work on yourself. I'm guessing there are wonderful and amazing adventures ahead of you!

Apr 21, 2009, 03:38 PM
    It sounds like you would never have been able to totally please her and were shot down from the get-go.

Yes, continue to work on yourself. I'm guessing there are wonderful and amazing adventures ahead of you!
    Hmmm you could be right there. Like in the beginning of the relationship she could see herself with me for a long time, like she could even see herself marrying me, but all that has changed now. I guess this happens sometimes, people's feelings change. I tried my best to make her happy, and I know I was good to her, just not good enough.

I shall work on myself, try to get closer to God again and get my life to where I want it to go. I'm not sure about the adventures ahead of me, but its good to know my life doesn't end when she left. Hopefully there will be someone out there for me.

Thanks for your support and encouragement. Take care. Peace
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 10:30 PM

Great insight and thought God is so in you, his light shines always. Yes there is definitely someone out their for you, someone better, someone like your soul mate who will complete you on a soulful level.

Good luck to you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lost the love I felt, I lost the only thing that ever matterd [ 24 Answers ]

Wow I shouldn't even be feeling pain like this, I am so use to it! Anyway it all started 15 months ago and like a lot of heart ache and problems it started with a girl. We hooked up at a bar but I knew her before hand. She use to be with a guy I knew back in high school and since I line in such a...

Lost dad and even more lost daughter. [ 4 Answers ]

Someone please help? I have a 22 year old daughter who last year at this time received a DUI after a nights full of partying. This happened one week before her 21st surprise birthday party. Which of course did not happen due to the fact her DUI violation was issued after she rolled her friends car...

What do I do about this? I'm lost [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'll try to make this short and sweet. I've known my girlfriend since we were both 4 we were each other's first kiss and first crush. 6 months ago we decided to actually date. At first things were 100% perfect, we moved in together but they're was a catch her best friend was to move in with us...

Lost without him [ 9 Answers ]

My xboyfriend is full of problems. Everything bothers him I tried so hard to help him, but all he does is find things to get upset about. I miss him so much because we did have long conversations and fun together at times . He is part of my soul and with him gone by my choice I feel like part of me...

Lost cause? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey people I need some advice. I am 26 and have been talking to a very attractive young lady of 23 that I met through a friend. We started hanging out and seeing each other every weekend and would talk everyday when we had the time. We were really taking things slow and it seemed like...

View more questions Search