Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    betsyfusco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Craftsman 917.256524
    I was just given a lawn tractor- the previous owner says the drive starter is shot. Is this a common problem and how do I replace it?
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Drive starter.. that sounds like the engine starter (turns the engine over)

Its not a every day kind of problem.. but it is kind of common (especially more if the starter was overheated alot)

They run around $100 bucks new.. just a simple two bolts and one wire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman rider won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Late '80's vintage 18HP, 44" rider. Been running like a champ until recently. Started running very rough a couple of weeks ago. Had to choke all the way to keep in running. Decided to start with new spark plugs to rectify. Now I don't get any spark. Turns over just fine. Amp meter on dash...

Craftsman Eager-1 carbs [ 3 Answers ]

My mower was having trouble staying running. The guy that gave it to me said that it sat for about four years. He had it worked on by some one and they got it to run but it still wasn't right.After he gave to me I removed the carb, cleaned all the guk out. Now I am ready to remount it. Problem is...

Sears Model 917.256524 Lawn tractor 15.5 HP [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 15.5 Hp Craftsman lawn tractor. It starts fine but when you push the blade lever up to engage the blades the mower dies. Also if you let out on the brake/clutch pedel the mower stops. Note: the blade safety switch is OK and so is the clutch safety switch as is the seat safety switch. Any...

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

10 HP Craftsman not starting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1985 10hp craftsman lawn tractor that will not start. We have cleaned the carb, bowl, fuel filter, plug etc. If you put fuel directly into the carb, it will start and run until it has burned off that fuel It will not pull fuel through the carb though. Any suggestions?

View more questions Search