Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IrishLife2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 11:27 AM
    1960's "cultured marble" COUNTERTOP, Can I refinish
    I have bought a home with those old countertops that have the sinks incorporated in the countertop. The countertop need help! I would love to find a way to refinish it without having to replace the 6' countertop. Any ideas?

Ginny Morris
    [email protected]
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 11:43 AM

Here is a long tested company product that the professionals use for counter tops to clean ans revitalize counter tops.

Bar Keepers Friend Product Line--Including Bar Keepers Friend Liquid: Cleaning Supplies,(www.barkeepersfriend.com)

Apr 20, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    Here is a long tested company product that the professionals use for counter tops to clean ans revitalize counter tops.

Bar Keepers Friend Product Line--Including Bar Keepers Friend Liquid: Cleaning Supplies,(www.barkeepersfriend.com)
    Thank you so much. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I made the mistake of trying to "sand out" a spot and so, that area is now dull with no shine. Also, there are brown water spots by the drain... they seem to be imbeded into the surface now... (tried sanding them too, LOL)

Do you think Narkeepsfriend will be of help?

Thanks for your kindness and time.

Ginny Morris

Apr 20, 2009, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post

Thank you so much. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I made the mistake of trying to "sand out" a spot and so, that area is now dull with no shine. Also, there are brown water spots by the drain... they seem to be imbeded into the surface now... (tried sanding them too, LOL)

Do you think Barkeepers Friend will be of help?

Thanks for your kindness and time.

Ginny Morris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Cutting cultured marble [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to cut out the precast cultured marble sinks in a bathroom countertop and replace them with drop-in or under-the-counter sinks. First, can this be done effectively? Second, what type of tool should be used?:confused:

Tile & Cultured Marble [ 2 Answers ]

Can one rough up and tile right over 1/4" Cultured Marble wall panels?

Cultured Marble Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

OK guys, got to good deal on a large cultured marble tub + surround from local manufacter. My first pick was a large cast iron tub but no way for me to easily move it in the house. Cultured marble man is going to install the tub and surround for me. The material looks very strong and durable. ...

View more questions Search