Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fisha002 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 08:33 AM
    My nan is manipulative
    I am 18 and I have known and been round my nan all my life she was there when I was born and through the problems I have had.she was always a little manipulative and controlling and she never really new when to stop. I have 3 brothers and sisters (4,9 and 10) she has always looked after them after school till my mum can pick them up.
    Over the past year mabe she has been making comments that are really upsetting my mum. Before easter we were all going to have a family picture paid for by my nan but my mum said she didn't want to be in it (appearance issues) and my nan deiced to cancel the whole thing because she didn't get it her own way.
    But the worst was over christmas, mum and nan and an argument over who was coming and where we were going to have it, so it ended up with them throwing wine over each other and the kids going home in tears because of all the shouting. So when christmas came nan and grandad went to my uncles and my brothers and sister didn't get any christmas gifts from them because of my nan holding a grudge.
    The whole thing is splitting my family up and I don't no what to say because I don't want to offend my nan and her to stop talking to me (happened before) but this can't go on.
    I don't no what to do I need help.

I love her to bits I really do but I don't no what to do
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 08:58 AM

In view of her Parkinson's disease (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/medica...er-312004.html) and the behavior of your siblings, which you have questioned (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/childr...am-318076.html) which causes your parents to argue and a neighbor to call the Police, maybe she just can't handle the stress right now.
    fisha002 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 10:12 AM

Its my nan on my mums side not my dads. My nan on my mums side has no medical conditions as far as I know
    Michelle10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 12, 2012, 10:40 AM
    That is too bad and it probably won't stop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my 7 Year old so mean and manipulative? [ 20 Answers ]

My seven year old, beautiful and wonderful daughter is so mean. I do not know why. She is not mean to me or her Daddy, but she is extremely manipulative towards her little sister and brother. She will con them out of all their toys, drink their juice and then lie about it, and do things like this...

Manipulative mother-in-law [ 19 Answers ]

My husband and I have been together for 10 years. We have 2 sons together ages 5 and 2. When my first son was born my in laws were excited. They stocked up their home for their first grandchild. I too was excited to give my in laws their first grandchild. We would get together every Sunday and...

Manipulative step mom [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what to do about my Dad's wife! My parents have been separated for about 10 years now, and my Dad remarried about 4 years ago. The whole time my Dad has been married I have lived in Hawaii, and they lived on the mainland, so I have barely gotten to know my Dad's new wife aside from...

Manipulative Daughter [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old daughter. I feel she is manipulating my life. She seems moody and arguementative at home, but when I see her with her friends, she seems really happy. A totally different person. Everything seems to be our fault, we are still held hostage for events in the past (whether they...

Manipulative, or offbase? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a little problem. My ex-girlfriend and I are pondering getting back together. Here's the skinny. We broke up about 2 months ago because I was feeling very neglected. She has a four year old child who is her world. Hear me out now. I know your children should be number one. I am absolutely...

View more questions Search