Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natlou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Drinking and conceiving
    Can drinking while trying to conceive affect the time it takes to conceive or the baby if you have already conceived?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 05:54 AM

Only time drinking affects a pregnancy is when the mother drinks constantly and causes fetal alcohol syndrome in the unborn.

I don't think drinking while trying has anything to do with conceiving.

Tick
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 20, 2009, 04:50 PM

Anytime my husband and I have started to "try" to get pregnant, I stop drinking. This is only because you do not know when you are going to get pregnant, and the reason why they tell you to avoid all alcohol when pregnant is because a safe amount has not been determined for pregnancy.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ang8318 View Post
    Anytime my husband and I have started to "try" to get pregnant, I stop drinking. This is only because you do not know when you are going to get pregnant, and the reason why they tell you to avoid all alcohol when pregnant is because a safe amount has not been determined for pregnancy.
    A safe amount of alcohol is no amount at all if you decide to get pregnant.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conceiving a boy [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have two beautiful girls, ages 2 and 3. We are soon going to try for a third child and want to have a boy. Do you know of any tips on how to conceive a boy?:)

Conceiving [ 1 Answers ]

Does Geritol Help with Conceiving?

Conceiving again after miscarriage [ 3 Answers ]

It's been six months since I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks. I had a DNC done afterwards. We've been trying to conceive again and my cycles have been irregular ever since. Before I was always regular .Now I am having a period each month and have bought the ovulation predictor tests the passed month...

Conceiving Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Iam A 21 Year Old Wife And Mother To 3.5 Year Old Twins And A 2 Yeard Old As Well. Now My Husband And I Have Been Trying For Another One Since Christmas And Nothing Is Working. Its Depressing And Very Upsetting And Stressful. My Other Pregnancies Were Not Planned But It Happened Very Fast. This...

Conceiving [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin told me that she heard that if the woman orgasms during intercourse (and so does the man), it makes it easier to get pregnant. Is there any truth to this?

View more questions Search