Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fosterbanks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Connect Dead Phone Jacks
    I've recently moved into a house, and only 2 of the 6 phone jacks work. I only have one line... I've already compared the "working" jacks to the non-working jacks, and they seem to have a similar configuration. The outside wires are all going to line one. Any ideas how to get these phone jacks to work (without paying the phone company $135 a jack? ). Many thanks.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Sep 16, 2006, 07:57 PM
    You can get a kit from Radio Shack and do it yourself.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2006, 04:03 AM
    The Phone company puts a terminal interface inside your house at some point. From there wires go to the various jacks. A wire can go directly from the interface to a jack or it can be daisy chained from one jack to the next.

You should first check the interface and see how many leads go out from it. Then you need to follow those leads to each jack.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Ken Lay really dead? [ 12 Answers ]

It seems funny to me that Ken Lay would just die prior to serving 25 years in prison. Do you think that with his money, he could pull of faking his own death? Would it be possible for anyone with enough money to do that?:confused: I can just see him, Elvis and Jim Morrison in a huge Log cabin in...

Stolen phone - am I stuck with phone charges? [ 3 Answers ]

My cell phone was stolen recently and the guy who stole it called all over the place, adding about $175 in phone charges to our phone bill. I reported it stolen to Qwest, but they say the charges are still my responsibility. I am planning to refute the bill, but I don't know the correct...

Wiring phone jacks [ 3 Answers ]

I need to rewire a phone jack back to a different number. How do I do this? Any help appreciated.

DSL and wiring phone jacks [ 1 Answers ]

I have phone svc through SBC and DSL stand alone through Qwest; was assigned a separate phone # for dsl svc and was told could not "piggyback" on same phone jack; trying to avoid paying $100 svc fee to qwest; have purchased separate jack but don't know what wires to attach where. Can anyone help?

How I can connect the laptop with cell phone.. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir , please help me to established a connection with laptop using mobile.would you like to tell , how it can be handle... Thanks for help shah1419

View more questions Search