Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaileshkadam25 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Insurance Coverage
    I came to US on L1 visa for initially 4 month in Jan-09. During the Jan-Feb I sign for Medical Benefit Plan (United Health Care - Consumer Plan) for myself only.

Now my company is telling me to stay in US for long term (1 year). Company is allowing me to call my family (spouse & daughter) on L2 visa. My wife is pregnant. She is started with 5 months and expected in sep-09.

I want to know is it possible to include my family in company medical plan and will my wife get medical insurance benefit for maternity.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 05:35 PM

It will depend on the actual plan and the terms they have with their specific contract.

Only your HR director and/or the medical resourse staff will know this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ivf insurance coverage [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any insurance companys with plans that will cover invitrofertilization

Insurance coverage when a drink driver hit me [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to get out from a parking lot turning right on to the main road when, a drink driver hit a car while it was turning into where I was coming from. That car came head on into my car. I have a one way insurance and I am in Michigan and Michigan is no fault state, and I don't have collison...

Cobra Insurance Coverage [ 2 Answers ]

I will be leaving my current employer in one week. I will be starting with my new company immediately. I will lose my health care benefits the day I quit my current employer, and will not pick up my new coverage for 1 month. My question is what are the rules on COBRA retroactive? For...

Medical insurance lapse in coverage [ 1 Answers ]

My employer stopped paying insurance premiums while continuing to deduct fees from employees pay. He was aware I had MRI and other tests scheduled and knew the coverage had been cancelled and never said a word. I now have over $10K in medical bills from the time after the coverage was cancelled...

View more questions Search