Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwalton49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 04:13 PM
    Removal of malware
    I have a Dell Dimension 2350. Syestem is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002 with Service Pack 3. I have McAffee Security Center.
    Symptoms: McAfee "M" square on tray will go black sometimes. Mostly I get "Your computer is not fully protected". And it's either a yellow alert (systems guard is not enabled) or it's red and 1. Real time scanning is disabled. 2. Spyware & potentially unwanted program scanning is disabled. 3. IM scanning is disabled. 4. Script scanning is disabled. & 5. Buffer overflow protection is disabled. I will click the "Fix" button and on yellow alert it normally fixes it but red alert gives me a can't fix because of an error.
    I also have application hang time that would make a saint cry. I have down loaded AVG whatever from download.com and it has helped, but I cannot get rid of this malware. My McAfee scans show nothing is there. Any help would be appreciated. I started experiencing this problem after using Limewire (which I don't use anymore) but I cannot get rid of the nasty little program. Am at my wit's end, so any help is greatly appreciated.
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

Apr 19, 2009, 04:35 PM

Had a similar problem. Try malwarebytes.com. There is a free edition that rocks.
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

May 2, 2009, 08:03 AM

If what dawgsnkats didn't work, try using Internet Explorer and go to:

Free Virus Scan - Free Antivirus Software | Norton Security Scan

Click "Continue to Symantec Security Check", in the next window click No when asked if you want to close this window, that will bring you to a window where you should click Virus Detection.

Write down exactly anything it finds, then go to: : and do a search for what was found. Symantec usually has a removal tool and/or directions for removing manually. Make sure that you follow the instructions for removal, step by step, especially the part regarding disabling System Restore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Malware Found [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started using Comodo antivirus software and it has detected TrojWare.BAT,DelTree@12190. Just want to know if it is a bad one. What is the risk level and what does it do. I don't know how long it has been in my computer. My Norton, Windows Defender and Spybot have not picked it up.

I have malware? A trojan? Something [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my computer has gone berserk since last weekend. Popups keep coming out in IE (recently in Mozilla too, which is the browser I always use). At times a window saying that the page I'm offline and I can't access IE (I'm not trying to do so, I don't use IE), then if I click keep...

Removal of Malware [ 21 Answers ]

How do you remove spyware, malware and their cousins?

Going nuts! Is it really malware? [ 5 Answers ]

Some of you know my Paypal and adSense accounts were compromised a couple weeks ago. Sorry for the long one, but here's my latest: I tried a few products since then and settled on running ZoneAlarm Free for firewall and AVG Free for antivirus. Also running Malware Sweeper Free, Windows...

Need help removing Svichost.exe Malware [ 1 Answers ]

Does Anyone Have Idea About Svichosst.exe Malware? And How To Remove It Permanently. Regards, Mushak

View more questions Search