Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chocolatebeeaar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Opinion on my poem.

Hello, I need for people to tell me what they think about my poem.
    Be as truthful as possible, please. I need honest views so that I know whether
    i should begin work on making someone out of it just throwing it away.
    please and thank you.

I stare up at the sun and my skin begins to come apart and fall from my shoulders.
    I close my eyes and finish the job. I peel my eyelids and pull my lips forward.
    The sun all of a sudden moves away into the clouds coming in closer to where I stand.
    The shadows disappear and the clouds start to cry. The winds roar as the raindrops land.
    I lift up the palms of my hands and wait. I can't feel anything and I don't know why.

bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Apr 19, 2009, 05:34 PM

It makes no sense. What was the idea you wanted to convey?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 19, 2009, 05:41 PM

I think I kind of understand it. Are you trying to convey a feeling of hurt and emptiness?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 11:17 PM

Hi, chocolatebeeaar!

I like it and I think that it's very creative! I hope that you don't mind, but I arranged and re-worded it a bit to make it a little easier to understand.

A person really needs to think deep and be creative in order to understand it.

A possible title might be "I Stare Up at the Sun."

I stare up at the sun
    My skin begins to tear apart
    It starts by falling from my shoulders.
    I close my eyes to finish the job.

I peel my eyelids
    And pull my lips forward.
    The sun all moves away suddenly into the clouds
    Closing in on where I stand.

The shadows disappear and the clouds start to cry.
    The winds roar as the raindrops land.
    I lift the palms of my hands and wait.
    I can't feel anything and I don't know why.

Thanks!
    paigerwaiger94 Posts: 87, Reputation: 3

Jun 4, 2009, 11:30 AM

Um, very graphic, and not very understandable, but for some unknown reason, I like it
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 11:39 AM

I like it. I get from this that a person is changing, shedding their old skin becoming something new and unfamiliar to them. Keep it up!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is the author of a poem and what is the complete poem? [ 1 Answers ]

I remember part of a poem but cannot remember the author. The parts I somewhat remember are this: I have often wondered at the epitaph that was written for me, A boat with furled sail at rest in a harbor. In truth it pictures not my destination but my life. For love was offered me but I shrank...

What do you think of my poem [ 8 Answers ]

I know where I am, I know where I'm going, I just hope I won't reep, This that I'm sewing, I know that'll Be there, I know that there, They'll care. I know it will be tough, And that I've had it rough,

Consider my D Day poem? [ 2 Answers ]

D-Day Twelve miles they crossed on the ocean that day Ill unto death with the boat's sickly sway. All this they forgot when they opened the door And jumped from the boat toward the menacing shore. Dragged down by their gear some drowned then and there. They gasped their last breath and...

Ladies opinion on a poem I wrote for my girlfriend. [ 5 Answers ]

Just to clear things up, i got carried away while writing the title, i would love to hear male opinions too! Hello, I would like some female opinions on a poem I wrote for my Girlfriend. I think this is the 3rd poem I've ever written without being made to at school so I would like some honest...

My Poem.needs opinion [ 5 Answers ]

Tell me what you think My heart is like a pendulum. Back and forth it swings Between platonic feelings And feeling in love. But with a few words And a major action The string that holds my pendulum

View more questions Search