Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frye7520 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 01:23 PM
    What is considered a geological find &who do I contact
    We are digging for our foundation for our new home and we found what appeared tobe a cave. We kept digging ang moving large rocks and found something odd. It appears there had been a large ledge that has moved and you can see on for at least 17 feet(measured with a tape) We don't know if it is fault line or not. Is it something important that we have to call some one? We really don't know what are next move is. Do we fill it in or what. I have pictures but don't know who to send them to. Thanks
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 01:33 PM

Try your local historical association,if nothing else they can probably guide you to the right place.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:38 PM

Hi, frye7520!

Around where I live, we would call the Archaeology Society.

Since you mention large rocks, it might be an old cistern that was filled in with the rocks.

Thanks!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 02:10 PM

Post some pictures if you can, I won't say to explore it, I would look for any signs of anything, old cans, old bottles, old bones, opening into a Larger opening. I would explore it, safely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this considered against the law? If so, what to do. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a very good friend who is friends with a mutual friend of ours. We used to all work together. I have ceased the friendship with the mutual friend, she was a user. My other friend though, has not. What has happened is lawyers, bill collectors, cheque cashing places, landlords, work...

Geological events [ 1 Answers ]

What great geologicalevent explains the formaition of the great lakes

Is this considered "contact"? What a joke! [ 8 Answers ]

The last time BF took our son for a visitation was May 13, 2006. On July 1, 2006, my son saw his BF for about 5 min with his grandma (they ran into BF at his work) Fast Forward: BF has had NO contact since then. He has not called, sent a card, nothing. On June 20, 2008 my son, husband, and I went...

What is it considered? [ 5 Answers ]

When I first came here and I said that if a parent took off with a child and even crossed state lines without permission of the other parent then it was kidnapping and everyone here that replied insisted repeatedly that a parent can not kidnap their own child. I need to know if it is not kidnapping...

View more questions Search