Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patandcarol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Corian sink repair
    I accidentally placed a hot pan in the base of a white corian sink. The heat from the edge of the pan slightly melted a set of parentheses looking scars from the edge of the pan (approx. 3" long and a 1/2 " wide) in the base of the sink that are a brighter shade of white than the rest of the sink. What is the best way to bring a more uniform color back to the base of the sink?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:10 PM

Hi pandc

How deep are the burns in sink?

If not too deep, sand with 400 or 600 grit paper. Then wax/clean with corian cleaner.

Had same problem but on counter top. My corian installer would not make sink to match because of the burning possibility.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to repair a crack in a Corian sink? [ 8 Answers ]

Construction workers outside my home were using a jackhammer. The vibration caused my sink to crack. The contractor says this is not possible. Is this true? In any case, I now have a crack in my sink. How can I repair the crack without replacing the sink and countertop?:confused:

Corian shower repair [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Corian shower. The floor of the shower was made with angled pieces and put together with epoxy. The angles were done so the water would drain. Expanding foam was used under the Corian. The epoxy seams have cracked and are leaking. How can this be repaired or can it? Can a thickness(maybe...

Corian Sink Repair [ 2 Answers ]

My corian sink is built in the counter top. The sink cracked spontaniously. Can it be repaired without having to change the whole counter top? Thanks for your feedback.

Kit repair for corian [ 2 Answers ]

I would like a template to mark and cut corian, some pieces of corian (diferent colors) and some bits to work with corian, some body knows where can I get it? Thank you

Corian sink repair [ 1 Answers ]

We are currently remodeling our kitchen, and I accidentally spilled a bit of high powered paint stripper in our corian sink. It left an impression in the sink about the size of a quarter, and approx. 1/8" deep. It is a white corian sink, and though it was slightly used when we got it, it was in...

View more questions Search