Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The older you get, hon, the more fall. Each one of mine are a memory of an absent friend.
    I hear you on that. Some of my best friends are dead people.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 09:24 AM

I had a nightmare that I logged on (dreams about AMHD... wow) and you said she was gone :( I don't even know her and I woke up crying... I hope she is sleeping and not in pain.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 11:43 AM

Just read the news... :(

My best wishes to Jo and her family. I hope that a miracle occurs for Jo, either she recovers, or she goes painlessly.

We love you so much Jo... :(
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 25, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Just read the news.... :(

My best wishes to Jo and her family. I hope that a miracle occurs for Jo, either she recovers, or she goes painlessly.

We love you so much Jo...... :(
    I think we all wish that Unky. :)

Hugs to you.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2009, 12:14 PM

I've kind of delayed answering this thread since I read the last updates two days ago.

My best wishes for Jo and her family and if it really is nearing the end, I hope she does as painlessly as possible.

<3
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Jul 26, 2009, 10:20 PM

I really haven't been able to be on nearly as much in recent times but my thoughts have been with her every single day. Every day I can't check I worry is the day that she will leave us, but every single time she proves the doctors wrong and lives another day.

Things look grim but if anyone is stubborn enough to live it has to be Jo, if for nothing else just to prove the doctors wrong.

I don't want her to suffer but she hasn't given up yet and neither have I. As long as she has the will to live I'll carry the hope that she can.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 09:46 AM

Here's an update that Rebbie sent me last night. It's from Jo's friend Sally.

Well, I went to see Jo after I left work. More so I could see her mom too & find out what was going on medically. She is still sleeping all the time. She's been like this for over a week now. The Dr. brought in Pallative Care & the nurses are telling them that she's really bad & for them to get things in order. The Chaplin was also brought in. The Dr. said they could put feeding tubes & such in, but it would just prolong things for about 4 mths. Her parents, especially her dad, are having a real hard time with this news & they want to hang on, but they know theres not much hope. So for now I guess its just wait & see as Jo has been talking alot about death & dying.
    I will let you know more as things happen. I only go up a few times a week now as I find it hard sitting there while she sleeps

I hope her parents realize that it's time to give her some peace.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 09:53 AM

Thanks Alty, for posting, and Rebbie for sending this to Alty, and Sally, for sending it to Rebbie! :)

I hope they make the right choice.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2009, 09:59 AM

This is too sad I can't handle stuff like this
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    This is too sad I can't handle stuff like this
    It is sad NH, I'm having a hard time with it too. Sadly it doesn't change the fact that it's happening.

Thank goodness we all have each other.

We're Starby's family too, in a very real sense. :)
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

Jul 29, 2009, 10:06 AM

Wow I have been gone too long.

Alty I hope with all my heart your friend Jo will be OK, but if she is not, then I hope with all my heart that you will be OK.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 10:25 AM

That was really sweet Champy. (Good to see you, by the way). Starby isn't much better and it's all a waiting game. We just want her to not suffer.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 11:07 AM
    It truly pains me to say this but I think it's time to change my prayers/wishes/hopes for Jo from recovery to release.

I just sat here for 5 minutes trying to get myself to push the button to post. This is hard.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 11:10 AM
    It truly pains me to say this but I think it's time to change my prayers/wishes/hopes for Jo from recovery to release.

I just sat here for 5 minutes trying to get myself to push the button to post. This is hard.
    I think your right:(
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2009, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    That was really sweet Champy. (Good to see you, by the way). Starby isn't much better and it's all a waiting game. We just want her to not suffer.
    I was praying for a miracle I suppose.Its funny how you can become friends with someone on line and you love them just like a pal that you have known for years.
    Thanks for the update Momsy,sad as it is.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 12:09 PM

I feel the same way Cats. It's hard to admit but I do think it's time to pray for a quick peaceful end. She deserves to have an end to her suffering.

The only people that will suffer her loss are those left behind, she'll be in paradise, I truly believe that. She deserves that.

I'm chaning my prayers for her family, the strength to deal with all of this, also the strength to let go.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    the strength to let go.
    That takes a lot.
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 12:15 PM
    That takes a lot.
    It does, and often it takes a long time to come to the conclusion that you're no longer pushing because of your loved one, but because of you, the fear of your loss.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 29, 2009, 12:25 PM
    As I've said, I didn't know Jo long or well, but I truly wish peace to her and hers.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jul 30, 2009, 01:43 PM
    I'm hoping for a miracle. My sister-in-law was in Starby's condition three years ago, and she came back from the brink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My poor sick bby [ 4 Answers ]

My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

My Poor Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my kitten's left eye is swollen and watery. I have looked at it and I can't see anything in it. I havwe washed it with a warm wash rag, but it hasn't done any good. What else can I try before I have to resort to taking her to the vet? ~Summer

View more questions Search