Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I have to say, I had the best parents in the world. I'm an only child, a result of 8 years of trying, surgeries, disappointment, finally I came along and my parents were thrilled.

We were very close. After I married and left home we still had dinner together every Sunday, saw eachother a few times a week, went on holidays together. They had an amazing relationship with Jared, his loss hurts me more then my own.

My father was a major family man. We meant the world to him, we were the the motivation for everything he did. When Jared came along he was thrilled. He loved my little boy more then anything and that's saying alot because his love for me was not measurable.

Both my parents died in 2001, I was 30. They passed 6 1/2 months apart, both of cancer.

Here's the amazing thing. Yes, I miss them, yes I mourn them, not a day goes by that I don't think about them and wish they were here, but.... I am one of the luckiest people I know. I had 30 amazing years with them. I had more in those 30 years then most people get in a lifetime. I have memories that will last me until the day I die and that will carry on in my children. I had the best, I was blessed.

Now who's getting sappy?

Pictures? Okay.

My mom with Jared
    Attachment 21740

My Dad 1 year before he died.
    Attachment 21741
    That's amazing that you can say that. I wish I could. We had tradegy early in my family. A terrible police chase killed my first born brother when I was only 5. I barely remember it to not at all really. My parents should have went to counseling. But they didn't and it caused hardship and emotions that were never dealt with and they drifted and split when I was 18. They stuck it out many years for the sake of us kids. But I lost out. I have no family memories since they just were living separate lives under the same roof. Then a few months after they split on of my other brothers killed himself. Again, no one talks. My family just won't talk. Kills me because there are so many things about my family and I have no idea because they all fell apart before I could appreciate it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    Thats amazing that you can say that. I wish I could. We had tradegy early in my family. A terrible police chase killed my first born brother when I was only 5. I barely remember it to not at all really. My parents should have went to counseling. But they didnt and it caused hardship and emotions that were never dealt with and they drifted and split when I was 18. They stuck it out many years for the sake of us kids. But I lost out. I have no family memories since they just were living seperate lives under the same roof. Then a few months after they split on of my other brothers killed himself. Again, no one talks. My family just wont talk. Kills me because there are so many things about my family and I have no idea because they all fell apart before I could appreciate it.
    Sweetie, I am a firm believer that we make our own future, that we can change our lives.

My parents were great, my childhood was not ideal. Not because of them, never because of them, and had they known the things I'd gone through they would have stopped it, they would have seen to it that I got all the help I needed. I was too scared to tell them, they never knew, and I'm glad that they died without that knowledge.

I could live each day in the past, never letting myself move past it, but I choose not to. Every day is a new day, every experience is something to be cherished. My children, my family, my friends, I'm a lucky lady.

Don't live in the past sweetie, look to the future, make it your own, live it, own it, it's yours for the taking. :)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 11:36 AM
    I have to say, I had the best parents in the world. I'm an only child, a result of 8 years of trying, surgeries, disappointment, finally I came along and my parents were thrilled.

We were very close. After I married and left home we still had dinner together every Sunday, saw eachother a few times a week, went on holidays together. They had an amazing relationship with Jared, his loss hurts me more then my own.

My father was a major family man. We meant the world to him, we were the the motivation for everything he did. When Jared came along he was thrilled. He loved my little boy more then anything and that's saying alot because his love for me was not measurable.

Both my parents died in 2001, I was 30. They passed 6 1/2 months apart, both of cancer.

Here's the amazing thing. Yes, I miss them, yes I mourn them, not a day goes by that I don't think about them and wish they were here, but.... I am one of the luckiest people I know. I had 30 amazing years with them. I had more in those 30 years then most people get in a lifetime. I have memories that will last me until the day I die and that will carry on in my children. I had the best, I was blessed.

Now who's getting sappy?

Pictures? Okay.

My mom with Jared
    Attachment 21740

My Dad 1 year before he died.
    Attachment 21741
    Not sappy! Beautiful! I think you resemble your Dad.Those beautiful eyes :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 11:40 AM
    Sweetie, I am a firm believer that we make our own future, that we can change our lives.

My parents were great, my childhood was not ideal. Not because of them, never because of them, and had they known the things I'd gone through they would have stopped it, they would have seen to it that I got all the help I needed. I was too scared to tell them, they never knew, and I'm glad that they died without that knowledge.

I could live each day in the past, never letting myself move past it, but I choose not to. Every day is a new day, every experience is something to be cherished. My children, my family, my friends, I'm a lucky lady.

Don't live in the past sweetie, look to the future, make it your own, live it, own it, it's yours for the taking. :)
    I don't live in the past really. It bugs me but I don't dwell on it. But with my family and things that have happened and the distance with us all I don't really feel like I have family. I sat in a hospital room for 7 hours with my dad a few weeks back and I had nothing to say to him. I just don't have that family bond and I don't know why. I think growing up the last child and being stuck during the rough times it caused me to have the distance. I don't know. I have no idea. But it was nice. He talked and mentioned about his times in the navy that I knew nothing about and it was nice. All these years he traveled the world before I was born and I had no idea. Strange.

I must have taken a sappy pill today.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 11:50 AM
    I dont live in the past really. It bugs me but I dont dwell on it. But with my family and things that have happened and the distance with us all I dont really feel like I have family. I sat in a hospital room for 7 hours with my dad a few weeks back and I had nothing to say to him. I just dont have that family bond and I dont know why. I think growing up the last child and being stuck during the rough times it caused me to have the distance. I dont know. I have no idea. But it was nice. He talked and mentioned about his times in the navy that I knew nothing about and it was nice. All these years he traveled the world before I was born and I had no idea. Strange.

I must have taken a sappy pill today.
    Not sappy at all Sun! I think when tragedy strikes a family,you can go two ways,stick together and hurt together or put up protective walls to try to stop the pain.

It sounds like everyone was in their own personal hell and no one knew how to connect.

The good news ,its not too late.The conversation about his Navy life was a beginning.
    I hope you have more talks in the future.Sometimes all you have to do is plant the seed.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Not sappy at all Sun! I think when tragedy strikes a family,you can go two ways,stick together and hurt together or put up protective walls to try to stop the pain.

It sounds like everyone was in their own personal hell and no one knew how to connect.

The good news ,its not too late.The conversation about his Navy life was a beginning.
    I hope you have more talks in the future.Sometimes all you have to do is plant the seed.
    Thanks artlady.
    That's true for sure. I do agree.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 12:01 PM
    So on a lighter note... how about those Mets? Lol
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 12:09 PM
    So on a lighter note...how about those Mets? lol
    I'm a die hard Yankee fan :) Its almost like a family law that you be one ;)
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 12:11 PM

I'm Canadian. Mets? Yankees? Bah! ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 12:32 PM
    I don't even watch it. I just like to say that to change the topic.
    I prefer football actually. Love the hype with the super bowl and the Monday night wings and drafts and all the good stuff.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 01:51 PM

I am Canadian. Hockey Rules big time. How about the those Leafs, eh ?

Tick
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:58 PM

Hehe. Cubs/bears :D all the way :D
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I am Canadian. Hockey Rules big time. How about the those Leafs, eh ?

tick
    The leafs look like there making lots of good changes. Maybe I will actually watch them this year. Many good changes. Happy that Burke is around. Doing what he said he was going to do.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 02:55 PM
    She just shook her head, told him he was a child. His response, a blast with the hose.
    Made me chuckle!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Sorry I am getting sappy.
    Not a problem. :):)
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    Made me chuckle!!
    You should have been there. I almost peed my pants I laughed so hard. Actually, I may have peed my pants. :p :o
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    hehe. cubs/bears :D all the way :D
    Hello! SOX :D
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 04:01 PM
    so on a lighter note...how about those mets? Lol
    Mets?? :d
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 04:02 PM
    I dont even watch it. I just like to say that to change the topic.
    I prefer football actually. Love the hype with the super bowl and the monday night wings and drafts and all the good stuff.
    My kind of gal... :):):)
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    hehe. cubs/bears :D all the way :D
    :eek::eek::eek: Hate the Cubs... love the Bears... Didn't know that you were a fan Jennie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My poor sick bby [ 4 Answers ]

My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?

Starby & Alty's Castle of Doom. [ 1500 Answers ]

Come in my sweet, and join us! Your hosts will be Starby and Alty. We have everything your little heart desires in our Castle! Come into our web, said the spider to the fly. Mwaaahahahaha! YouTube - Be Our Guest - Beauty and the Beast

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

My Poor Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed today that my kitten's left eye is swollen and watery. I have looked at it and I can't see anything in it. I havwe washed it with a warm wash rag, but it hasn't done any good. What else can I try before I have to resort to taking her to the vet? ~Summer

View more questions Search