Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jerk151 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Wiring for trade from Trane BAYSTAT 240 to Honeywell T8411R
    I have searched and searched and find lots of thing for both of these units, but there is always one thing different. So I will try to explain what I have learned and what I am still confused about.

The Honeywell T8411R was given to me, has no instructions and the person that gave it to me said at one time there was a jumper between what he thought was W2 & E. It is no longer there and I don't know if I need it.

I will spare you how the wires were connected to the Trane as it doesn't really matter now, I just need to know where to put them on the new one.

My existing bundled wires are as follows:

7 wires,

White (I understand this may go to a heat strip)
    Blue
    Red - Possibly 24 volt
    Green - possibly the fan
    Yellow - possibly the compressor
    Orange - reversing valve (I have no idea what that means)
    Tan - (which I believe is for an outdoor thermostat and will no be in use on the new one.

*No Black wire* one of the problems I keep finding along with the fact that this new Honeywell does NOT have the AUX spot.

This is what it does have:

G, C, R, W1, Y, L, W2, E, B, O

I feel pretty certain from what I have read that

Wires = Terminal
    Red = R
    Green = G
    Yellow = Y
    Orange = O

I would assume White = W1 but O don't get display like that.

I have tried Blue = C and Blue = B while White = C, I got Display with both combinations but other malfunctions.

PS. Air conditioner is a Trane Weathertron heat pump, XE 900

Thank You,
    Jody

Apr 19, 2009, 11:37 AM

Update is that the jumper I mentioned could have been between Y and W1

Apr 19, 2009, 01:45 PM

Bigger new problem!

I found a different thread that explained the wiring based of replacing a Honeywell T8411R.

Nothing is working at all. I wired it with the new instructions and nothing happened at all. I had wired it a couple of other ways prior to this based on some forums other than this one. In doing so, I assumed that I had shorted out this new thermostat and all was just going to have to go back to the old one and live with it. I hooked up the old one and it does not work anymore. What did I short out. The fan doesn't come on, no clicks, no nothing except a small hum from a transformer on the air handler. I've turned off the main breaker because I didn't know any other way to make the hum stop.

Any ideas?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:02 PM

OK, you still here?
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
    Does your air handler have a control board in it where the tranformer is?

Apr 19, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    does your air handler have a control board in it where the tranformer is?
    Thank You, Yes it does, I just opened it up and found a re wire that is connected through a 300v Buss fuse just hanging there with tape on it. O don't know if it is supposed to be connected or taped off
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:18 PM

R- red- power
    Y- yellow- ac
    G- green- fan
    O- orange- reversing valve
    w1- white also jumped to e - aux or electric heat
    C- blue- common wire
    w2-brown- extra heat relay
    XorL- black led light for t-stat

Apr 19, 2009, 02:26 PM

I'm getting nothing, something else beyond the thermostat has a problem now
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 02:31 PM

On your control board look and see if there is a small 5 amp car type fuse. You may have blown that.

Apr 19, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    on your control board look and see if there is a small 5 amp car type fuse. you may have blown that.
    The only fuse present seems to have been disconnected at one time or another. I took the front panel off the box that the control board is on and my meter tells me I have power going to the mirco-switchs inside, but nothing seems to be transferred from there
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 04:31 PM

If that contral board does not have the little car fuse. Then up may have burt up the board. Do you have power at the transformer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell T8411R Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Someone gave me this digital thermostat which was used & has no instruction papers. I have a Goodman Heating & A/C self contained unit outside for a mobile home. The old thermostat was a 4 wire system with a green wire on the G terminal, red wire on the RC terminal, blue wire on the Y terminal, and...

Wiring Honeywell thermostat T8411r to RTH3100C [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. If you have an answer or even a suggestion, to my problem please let me know. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I am replacing a bad Honeywell (T8411r) thermostat. The LED lights went out and I could no longer see to adjust the temp. The HVAC unit worked...

Trane Baystat Thermostat to ACE ATX1500E Prg. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Guys, The old unit is a Baystat 240 and the new unit is an ACE unit Baystat Wiring ACE ATX1500E R G T RH/RC O ...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R - Correct Wiring? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking to replace my Honeywell T8411R thermostat which runs my heat pump (NFCP3000C1 by International Comfort Systems) with the White-Rogers 1F85-277 Programmable Thermostat. My issue is that I'm not 100% sure how to re-wire the new thermostat. The current wiring on the Honeywell...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search