Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawrence23 Posts: 16, Reputation: -3

Apr 19, 2009, 05:24 AM
    Intentionally losing my driving license !
    Ive got 9 points on my license now , all for ridiculous speed camera offences... IE I didn't know there was a camera there and was doing less than 40 on a 30 limit at 12 oclock at night with no pedestrians around type stuff.
    Anyway I want to lose my licence by committing another offence, then after 6 months will have a clean license again. Im going abroad anyway so don't need to drive in the UK for the 6 months. At the end the insurance will be 20-30 more a month but I can handle that.
    What's the best offence to commit to intentionally get banned for 6 months... not 12 months! Or should I do two or three on one go to be sure?
    Let me know.
    Many thanks,
    Lawrence.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 05:37 AM

Just because your licence is renewed doesn't mean your traffic offences will be taken away... they will still be on your record.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:25 PM

Here in the US, in my state, camera offenses are not part of the owner's driving record. The vehicle owner just has to pay the fine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 12:39 PM

Points just don't go off, they drop off after a set time, the oldest ones first, so points will hang around for more than 6 months.

But anyway, pull up to a police car, give them a finger and then peel out burning rubber, that will get it for sure, and make the officers day telling that story for years
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 02:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Here in the US, in my state, camera offenses are not part of the owner's driving record. The vehicle owner just has to pay the fine.
    Ahhhh, sorry, Australian laws are a lot more different than I thought :)

Love the suggestion Fr_Chuck :D
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 20, 2009, 02:36 AM
    The OP is referring to UK law.
    For a speeding offence we get a £60 fine and 3 points on the licence.
    Points are valid for FOUR years from date of contravention.
    Details are here: When endorsements and penalty points can be removed from a driving licence : Directgov - Motoring

So basically what the OP is thinking of doing is extremely shortsighted and won't work at all.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2009, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    So basically what the OP is thinking of doing is extremely shortsighted and wont work at all.
    Hello again, ben:

Agreed! This reminds me of some convicts I knew who wouldn't take a parole because they were afraid they would be violated and sent back to prison..

Huh?

excon

Apr 20, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Just because your licence is renewed doesn't mean your traffic offences will be taken away... they will still be on your record.
    I thought in the Uk, that when you get a ban the license is wiped clean.
    How can they give me back a license with 12 points on it... it wouldn't be valid!
    Logic says it must be wiped... Id better check though.
    Who's lost their license and has proof?
    Lawrence.

Apr 20, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    The OP is refering to UK law.
    For a speeding offence we get a £60 fine and 3 points on the licence.
    Points are valid for FOUR years from date of contravention.
    Details are here: When endorsements and penalty points can be removed from a driving licence : Directgov - Motoring

So basically what the OP is thinking of doing is extremely shortsighted and wont work at all.
    Thanks for the Government website... I think I may go for using the MOBILE PHONE while driving... never been done for that and I can have a laugh doing it knowingly in front of the cops.
    Some people say you can't beat the system.. but never give up playing it .
    Lawrence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving with a suspended license Arizona [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am really worry! :(Today I got stop by a police officer, for going 12 miles over the limit, when he checked my license it was suspended for not paying a 200 dlls fee for a minor traffic violation in another city. I am in the state of Arizona, and tomorrow morning I will pay my ticket and...

Driving with suspended license [ 12 Answers ]

Good Morning, Unfortunately, I was stopped while driving with no ins. And a suspended license. I'm not proud of this. I had to get a public defender and I have an upcoming court appearance. I spoke to him and he said that to help myself out, I should call the dmv and ask them how I can help the...

Driving on suspended license [ 3 Answers ]

I was charged with d.s.l. got my license straight then suspended again because I forgot about a ticket this is all in Georgia.got caught again for d.s.l. because I forgot about ticket and court date. Have not been to court on either one. What are possibilities and advice.

Evoked driving license [ 4 Answers ]

Can a person whose driving was evoked at IL because of DUI get driving license at Canada?

Revoked driving license [ 11 Answers ]

My husband has two dui in the state of illinios which happen back in 1995 OK now we live in Wisconsin and he received another one in sept 2004 he has since went sober and has been for 2 years and 1 month which I am proud of him. I forgot to add his license were revoked in illinios and Wisconsin...

View more questions Search