Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brix115 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 08:01 PM
    Is this a Keloid?
    I'm thinking it's a keloid. I really hope it isn't.
    I got my nose done about a month ago. Probably a week an a half after, I almost ripped it out, from the stem getting caught on my towel. A week after that it came out, some how. [I don't even remember how.] Since I got it back in, there was a small bump. Which got a little bigger. And just last Friday, I almost pulled it out again from the stem getting caught on my towel. I would really like to keep my piercing. Can anyone tell me what I should do to get the bump to go away? I try not to touch it... and the only time I do, is when I clean it, and when I push the stud out, just so it won't go in my nose. I've tried cleaning it with antibacterial soap and salt water. I've currently been told to put Vitamin E oil on it, so I am, but I haven't seen any improvement. I've also been told to 'pop' it and put peroxide on it. But... I'm scared to do that...

Is it a Keloid?
    babygizmo89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Unfortunately it is. I would keep up with those cleansing instructions for about two more weeks if your entirely too scared to pop it - and if you don't see any improvement then I would either call a professional piercer or go to the dr. its really nothing serious.

If you do pop it all that will happen is it will bleed. Some other suggestions is putting sea salt directly on your nose after washing it before you go to bed and after every time you clean it. You could do that or make sort of a salt paste - use a little drop of water in your hand and put the sea salt in it so its as thick as a paste and leave that on over night.

It should clear up within a week or two.

Dec 3, 2009, 12:47 AM

Or you could try a Chamomile soak. Its fairly simple to do. Get some Chamomile tea bags and soak them in boiling water as if u were going to make tea. Let the tea bag cool down a little - just enough to where u won't burn your face - and put it on your piercing for about 5 minutes. Do this three times a day. If that doesn't help... well I'm out of suggestions lol :] good luck though.

Dec 3, 2009, 12:50 AM
    Oh and never ever use peroxide or alcohol on your piercing. They will react badly with the metal - causing it to tarnish in your nose... and that's a whole other mess.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babygizmo89 View Post
    oh and never ever use peroxide or alcohol on your piercing. they will react badly with the metal - causing it to tarnish in your nose...and thats a whole other mess.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. As I tend to use alcohol on my ear lobes sometime. I'll be getting a nose ring in the upcoming spring.
    nadski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 03:28 PM

Guys please try to answer mine. Its similar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage Keloid?or just a bump? [ 16 Answers ]

OK simple question... I have a bump on the back of my cartilage piercing, and Im not sure.. if it's a keloid or a simple bump some people get of their cartilage piercing. So.. how do you determine if a bump is a keloid?? By the way.. I had my piercing done with a gun... 2 monthes now......

How do I get rid of a keloid? [ 4 Answers ]

How Do I get rid of a keloid?

Keloid from my lip piercing.how do I get rid of it! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a keloid on my lip from where I got my lip pierced. Its really big and looks like a gross pimple that just Won't go away. What should I do?

Keloid Removal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of a keloid without taking my belly button piercing out?

What's keloid and other questions related? [ 1 Answers ]

When I was little, my mom took me to the doctors because I scar really easy, even from paper cuts! I also bruse really easy too and I'm a clutz so I always have bruses. So can someone help me and tell me eaxactly what keloid is and if I have it and if I don't have it what do you think I have and...

View more questions Search