Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annie2horse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 05:56 PM
    What wires mean what for towing?
    Hello. I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 2 wheel drive truck with a factory towing package. I had a friend rewire the light connector for a trailer I just purchased and he couldn't figure out what wire did what. I am putting on a 7 wire plug and would like to do this right the first time. Can you help?

Thank you
    Annie2horse
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 07:41 AM

This web site will give you your answer
    Trailer Wiring Diagram For 4 Way, 5 Way, 6 Way and 7 Way circuits

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Towing cost [ 4 Answers ]

If I sign the lease to my car over to a towing company what are the reqired payments and cost would I have to pay..

230 volt welder with 2 wires outlet with 3 wires. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have an older stick welder that has a ground, white wire and black wire. The outlet I have to connect to has a ground, black, white and red wire. Is there a way I can connect the old welder to the newer wires? I know the red and black are hot but what about the common white wire? What...

3 wires + 2 wires  POOL MOTOR [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a motor for my pool. The motor has 3 wires coming out of it. 1 white, 1 black, 1 black with a white stripe. A continuity test on the 2 blacks says they are wired together somewhere. I have a power cable coming out of the ground. 1 white + 1 black cables inside. ...

Hampton Bay remote wires do not match fan wires [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I installed a new Hunter ceiling fan. I also purchased a Hampton Bay wireless wall switch. Everything went well until I wired up the remote receiver. The receiver has a blue wire for the light that is supposed to connect to the blue wire (light) from the fan. The Hunter fan does not have...

View more questions Search