Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daddy Jay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 01:47 PM
    MTD lawn tractor won't start
    Ive got a16.5 horse OHV MTD yard machine that won't start. I get no fire to the engine and have checked the battery (its good). I could get it to start before by wiggling the wire harness attached to the ignition but now, nothing. Don't know if it's a bad solenoid or what. I have already replaced the ignition and that didn't help.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I could get it to start before by wiggling the wire harness attached to the ignition but now, nothing. Don't know if its a bad solenoid or what. I have already replaced the ignition and that didn't help.
    The only thing left here is the solenoid or the starter. I blow through solenoids and since wiggling the harness the connection at the solenoid and hairiness is my guess and it more than likely the solenoid went bad from bad connections

If nothing happening at the starter then it's the noid.
    Daddy Jay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    The only thing left here is the solenoid or the starter. I blow through solenoids and since wiggling the harness the connection at the solenoid and hairiness is my guess and it more than likely the solenoid went bad from bad connections

If nothing happening at the starter then its the noid.
    Thanks for the help, I guess I'll replace the solenoid first and then go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Lawn Tractor won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman15.5 lawn tractor. The fly wheel would barely turn, then stopped totally. I replaced the 5 yr old battery, no luck. I replaced a 15 amp fuse that looked bad, no luck. The ammeter shows a draw when I turn the ignition, but nothing turns, no click even. I am suspecting the starter....

Lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ranch king riding mower. It won't start. Had starter checked. It is OK. How is wiring run from battery to starter to bypass all the safety switches? Is it negative to ground and positive to starter with maybe a toggle switch to break the current to starter?

Craftsman lawn tractor 19.5 Briggs twin engine won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Last time I used this mower was about 3 months ago, ran it out of gas and left It (covered). Tried to start it yesterday after putting in about 3 gallons of new gas And it will crank fine but not start.. I took off the air cleaner and trickled in a bit of gas And it started to run and...

Old lawn tractor won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I bought an old Wizard riding lawn mower. Its got 12hp, 465 cc, and 38 inch cut. It ran great until, I was mowing, hit a rock, and the mowing stopped there. The battery went dead, so Ive replaced that. Still nothing. Where should I start, to get it to start?

View more questions Search