Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LRSV38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2004, 10:31 AM
    Remove log in screen at W98 start
    When W98 starts up there is that annoying, useless sign screen, I know there is a way to remove that , because I had removed before years ago, but I forgot how, does somebody know?
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Sep 26, 2004, 09:18 AM
    remove log in screen at W98 start
    Hi LRSV38,

Windows 95/98/Me (If you don't have multiple users configured):

* Open Control Panel, and double-click on the Network icon.
    * From the list entitled Primary Network Logon:, choose Windows Logon, and press OK.

* Note: If this doesn't work, make sure you didn't initially configure a password for yourself. If you did, Windows 98 will always require it. Double-click on the Passwords icon in Control Panel to choose nothing (leave it blank) for your password.

Windows 95/98/Me (If you do have multiple users configured):

* Run the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE).
    * Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Network\ Logon.
    * Double-click on the Process Logon Script value, and change the data from 00 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 01

Windows 95/98/Me (If nothing else works):

* Install Tweak UI, and double-click the Tweak UI icon in Control Panel.
    * Choose the Network tab, and check the Log on automatically at system startup option.
    * Type your username (shown after Log Off in your Start Menu) and your password (leave it blank if you don't have one), and click Ok when you're done.

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove screen settings menu [ 6 Answers ]

hi folks:- I am having a samtron 56V monitor.recently I adjusted the screen settings using the active menu or O.S.D now what happens is that every time I start the computer the active menu or osd appears. Ist screen will be control lock locked. Then the menu control lock un locked will...

XP - remove programmes from start up? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi:o I'd love to know how I can stop programmes from starting up when the computer is first switched on, as it is taking ages to load up. I have XP professional. Hope you can help!

Start up screen [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a HP printer scanner. Now, whenever I start up the computer, instead of going to desktop, it goes to a Microsoft screen saying: To begin, click your user name The (my name) 55 unread messages 5 programs running Turn off your computer After you log on, you can add...

Blank screen on start up [ 3 Answers ]

OK... I built my comp w/ a iwill kd266 & amd tbird 1.1 ghz I recently opened to add a dvd drive and when I reconnected everything and turned it on, the screen remains blank... 512 mb SDRAM 80 gb hd 52x CD-Rom 16x DVD-Rom 48x CD-RW ati radeon 7000 64 mb pci soundblaster 5.1 belkin 10/100...

Blank screen at start up [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I recently swopped hardware of a P133 PC with that of a P200 PC. What I really changed was the processor of the p200 and move a hard/dr from a P100. After connected properly, the screen just became blank. I have checked the memory modules, the h/d and all. Could the processors be dead? But...

View more questions Search