Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dandazzled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 09:31 PM
    Different sized pupils
    Especially at night my pupils become different sizes. Its usually the left eye that feels numb a bit. A couple of months ago I had a swallon lump on my neck and a numb dingly arm for about 24 hours. Could these be related? Any thoughts would be appreciated:o
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Medline plus says

Quote Originally Posted by medline
    When one pupil (of the eye) is a different size from the other one, there may be a serious underlying cause.

however

Occasionally, differing pupil size is inherited and there is no underlying disorder. If other family members also have this condition, then pupil size is probably genetic and is nothing to worry about.

At times, for unknown reasons, pupils may differ in size. If there are no other symptoms and if the pupils return to normal, then the temporary condition is nothing to worry about.
    I looked at a few links, and most have the above (and see more at the link) quoted verbatum.

Being that you have accompanying numbness, you should see your doctor.
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Oct 11, 2006, 06:38 AM
    Strongly agree with RickJ - you need immediate medical attention. With the symptoms and findings you describe, this could be serious. Possibly you have had a "TIA " (ministroke) - which can be an early warning sign of more serious things to come (major debilitating stroke) without treatment. A brain tumor or brain infection (abscess) could cause your symptoms as well. If you haven't sought help already, do it TODAY...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 11, 2006, 01:09 PM
    I also agree with the answers you have been given. I hope you are reading this after you have received medical attention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny pin sized red itchy dots [ 17 Answers ]

I have about 5 or so of this tiny pin sized red dots that itch more than anything I've ever experienced. I found if I leave them alone they'll dry up in about a week or so. But if I dare scratch them they spread into a rash. Any ideas?

Small Pin Sized Dots On Skin [ 9 Answers ]

HI all, My girlfriend recently started to get a few pin-sized red dots on her skin. I've recently noticed a few appearing on my skin too. I'm guessing we may have some kind of mite biting us in the night but I thought I should check if anyone had some ideas on what other things it could be. ...

View more questions Search