Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Davevance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 11:09 AM
    My dad was adopted, Can I find his family?
    My dad was adopted. I believe my grandparents said he was from Canada. He has never wanted to find his family. Well I'm 28 years old and going bald. My dad has a full head of hair and so does everyone else in my family. This leads me to believe it may be from his side of the tree. Is there anything else health wise I should know? Well I need to find his family first to see what to expect in the future. And I would just love to see the history of the adoption.:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 11:14 AM

The downside of my son having a heart problem (he has a defibrilator at 27) is that his dad was adopted by his biological dad and mom. His dad was a vet stationed in England during the war. I am assuming he got a young girl pregnant and she had his baby, therefore, he adopted along with his wife.

My son's heart doctor said it is unfortunate that his medical history is one sided (maternally, me) and nothing from paternal side. HIs dad has never shown any interest in 40 years of marriage in finding his birth mother. So we leave it at that.

I understand what you mean though. Good luck.

Tick
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 01:40 PM

YOU probably have no rights to the adoption records.

Your only real options are to hire a private detective, or to register on reunion websites like adoption.org, adoption.com or ISSR.

However, if you can't get enough information from your father or his parents, you're not going to get very far.

Let me please say, as well, that his biological parents are likely elderly. Do you REALLY want to give them that kind of shock? And if your father is not interested in his biological past, then would you not be opening a door that HE would rather remain closed as well?

PS--Male baldness is carried on the X chromosome---it comes from your MOTHER'S side of the family.
    ocean6lue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2013, 11:07 AM
    I want to find out as well... I may or may not contact them. But I'd like to know for myself. I'd like to know what is my genetic and cultural background. Many of my friends are very clear on who they are and where they came from and have traditions and pride in that. I have never known and have always just said "i'm a mut" because we all are really and who cares. But, now, I want to know. I just do. I want to know what I am.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Find out if I am adopted [ 3 Answers ]

How can I found out if I am adopted for free

How do I find adopted family? [ 2 Answers ]

My sister was adopted at birth. I only know her first and last name, and I need to find her.

How do I find out if someone was adopted? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the process in finding out if my daughter was adopted by her step-father when I was living out of state at the time?

View more questions Search