Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mike_Market Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Faucet stem leaks
    My house was built in 1952 and the bath tub faucet leaks at the stem and I can't find a replacement for it, can you help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 18, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Do you have a b rand name on the valve? Back to you. Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 11:17 AM

Go to small hardware store and ask the old dude in overalls. He knows exactly where to get them...

Or, post a photo of the faucet. We may be able to ID it from the photo...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 12:22 AM

I agree with Milo, take it to a small hardware store also try ACE Hardware store, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken hot water stem under kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

In attempting to replace the water line for the hot water to the kitchen faucet, I broke the stem off the valve. My problem is that I can't identify how to shut off the hot water flow to this point so that I could disassemble the valve in order to replace the stem. Where can I look for a valve or a...

Can't remove eschucheon from stem on bottom mount faucet [ 4 Answers ]

Please help. I have most of a bottom mounted faucet deinstalled but I can't figure out how to remove the handles to get to the eschucheon. I've tried pulling, unscrewing, there are no screws visible and it's all one piece. Since the faucet is old and doesn't work properly (I'm throwing it away) can...

Broken exterior faucet stem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an exterior faucet for my garden hose. Several years ago, I mowed too closely to the house with the riding mower and broke off the knob and the stem that fits into the knob. I have been to every home improvement store and hardware store within 40 miles of me and tried 6 or 7 different...

Remove faucet stem [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to repair a leaky faucet in my bathroom sink. I have removed the cap on the handle, removed the screw and pulled off the handle. I am unable to remove the stem. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is a Sayco faucet and could be 20 years old. Thank you.

View more questions Search