Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pallas80 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 07:34 AM
    Red blood cells and blood in urine and severe pain now
    Nov of 2008 I had a UA report that showed blood red blood cells protein ext. I had flank pain severe in my left side that lasted for about 4 days on the 2cd day I went to the Hos. They did many tests only to confirm no infections no stones. About 3 weeks ago I had another UA report that showed 120 red blood cells 4 white blood cells 50 protein, uribilogen 2.0 r/g ratio was high again no infection. I had a follow up with my doctor last week again same results. Last few days I have had cramp/aches in mostly my left side. Oh and since Nov. My need to urinate is very frequent lately it seems I get up in the middle of the night every two to three hours no burning no pain. Last 2 days cramping steadily got worse. Yesterday, it became very uncomfortable in my lower back mostly left side to stand. Last night I barely slept. Pain around my hips just below into my thigh and into my back hurts too bad to lay flat on my back and to stand. The only way I can bare the pain right now is to sit but not with my legs out, and not bent forward. I have tried stretching and tried a tens unit I have tried tylenol pain meds. Does anyone know what this might be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 08:05 AM

In my own opinion, it sounds like a kidney infection. It is hard to understand what you are getting at. You have had an infection, have you had urinary tract infections, bladder infections ? You absolutely do not want this infection in your kidneys. I would go to a clinic now to be check out.

Tick

Apr 18, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pallas80 View Post
    Nov of 2008 I had a UA report that showed blood red blood cells protein ext. I had flank pain severe in my left side that lasted for about 4 days on the 2cd day I went to the Hos. They did many tests only to confirm no infections no stones. about 3 weeks ago I had another UA report that showed 120 red blood cells 4 white blood cells 50 protein, uribilogen 2.0 r/g ratio was high again no infection. I had a follow up with my doctor last week again same results. Last few days I have had cramp/aches in mostly my left side. Oh and since Nov. My need to urinate is very frequent lately it seems I get up in the middle of the night every two to three hours no burning no pain. last 2 days cramping steadily got worse. Yesterday, it became very uncomfortable in my lower back mostly left side to stand. Last night I barely slept. Pain around my hips just below into my thigh and into my back hurts too bad to lay flat on my back and to stand. The only way I can bare the pain right now is to sit but not with my legs out, and not bent foward. I have tried stretching and tried a tens unit I have tried tylenol pain meds. Does anyone know what this might be?
    No, I do not have an infection I have been checked 3 times by urine and blood work.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 10:56 AM
    There is an infection somewhere if you have RBCs in your urine. Time for a second opinion preferably from a nephrologist. (kidney doctor)

Apr 18, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    There is an infection somewhere if you have RBCs in your urine. Time for a second opinion preferably from a nephrologist. (kidney doctor)
    Well, last Thursday my white blood cell count in urine was 4
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 05:29 PM
    WBC in urine has little to do with infection. What we would be looking for would be WBC in serum (blood). RBCs in your urine mean that there is something going on causing you to bleed into your bladder, kidney, urethra, etc.

Apr 18, 2009, 06:05 PM
    WBC in urine has little to do with infection. What we would be looking for would be WBC in serum (blood). RBCs in your urine mean that there is something going on causing you to bleed into your bladder, kidney, urethra, etc.
    My blood result
    Wbc 9.45
    Rbc 4.69
    Hgb 14.1
    Hct 42.4
    Mcv 90.4
    Mchc 339
    Rdw cv 13.5
    Mpv 9.2

Apr 18, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Sorry I have not provided much info today I still have not slept. Seems like I had a huge attack. It does seem to be an infection.
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Do you still have your gall bladder?

Apr 18, 2009, 08:16 PM

no. I still have not slept my pain is coming back I feel sick but I think if I go to the hosiptial they will do nothing cause they did nothing before, but it was never ever this bad.
    Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 08:22 PM
    Do you live in the states?

And your gallbladder is gone?

Apr 19, 2009, 08:08 AM

Yes, my gallbladder is gone. I had a 3%fraction. Well, the 'attack' is over! I finally slept after being up in pain for over 24hrs. Only got up a few times in the nigh fell asleep around 1am. Mild discomfort, here and there pain spikes into side and I think oh no! But its better. I know what muscular probs are like and sciatic pain and where the pain can start and go and why. It is important to note that this 'attack has happened before just not as severe I at that time had multiple tests including cts and such wich ruled out stones ruptured hern.discs ext. This time however was so severe! The pain extended into the front of my groin, also appendix and panc, fine. Infection ruled out. So, I am off to see urolgoist Monday But I have no idea if this is related to my bladder like my doc thinks or if it was something colic like from kidney Im dumbfounded. Or if it could be polyp in bladder causing spasm but would that cause such pain in back? The build up of pressure continued to get worse Friday then bam! Friday night it went full blown into my side around the front into my groin just right top thigh I am also female with no cysts or uti, pids... sigh

Apr 19, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pallas80 View Post
    yes, my gallbladder is gone. I had a 3%fraction. Well, the 'attack' is over! I finally slept after being up in pain for over 24hrs. Only got up a few times in the nigh fell asleep around 1am. Mild discomfort, here and there pain spikes into side and i think oh no! But its better. I know what muscular probs are like and sciatic pain and where the pain can start and go and why. It is important to note that this 'attack has happened before just not as severe i at that time had multiple tests including cts and such wich ruled out stones ruptured hern.discs ext. This time however was so severe! The pain extended into the front of my groin, also appendix and panc, fine. Infection ruled out. So, i am off to see urolgoist monday but i have no idea if this is related to my bladder like my doc thinks or if it was something colic like from kidney im dumbfounded. Or if it could be polyp in bladder causing spasm but would that cause such pain in back? The build up of pressure continued to get worse friday then bam! Friday night it went full blown into my side around the front into my groin just right top thigh i am also female with no cysts or uti, pids........sigh
    By the way I had no gall stones or infection reason my gallbladder was only at a 3%fraction unknown

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Severe Abdominal Pain/Prolonged Period/Large blood Clots [ 6 Answers ]

Well I have been on my period for four weeks now. It is a normal to heavy flow. This past week, I have started to pass Golf ball size blood clots. I have passed about 10 so far. I have severe abdominal pain which has sent me to the floor... I went to the hospital and they pretty much said that...

Blood in urine [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a urinary tract infection, which is something I deal with from time to time. However this time I have noticed quite a bit more blood in my urine than I ever have before. I went to my doctor last night after I felt the infection coming on, and got pain killers and antibiotics, but...

Blood in urine [ 3 Answers ]

My 10-year old cat has recently taken to urinating in the various sinks of our house and takes forever to pass even the smallest amounts of urine. Today when I went into the bathroom I noticed that her urine had blood in it, but the next time she urninated it was clear again. Does anyone know what...

White Blood Cells [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my husband has been trying for a baby for 3 yrs now. I have been for blood tests and they came back that my fertility is fine but I have a low white cell count What does this mean ? Please anyone tell me? I have got to wait another month for further blood tests... he said there is nothing to...

Blood in the urine [ 2 Answers ]

I've been really worried lately. Ive had blood in my urine for the past year(its been only detected through a urinating in a cup and tested with the dip stick). The doctor thought it was a urinary tract infection but it wasn't then she thought it was kidney stones but my kidneys were fine. Can...

View more questions Search