Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4HappinessSoon Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Alimony calculator?
    Anyone know how the amount of alimony if figured? I have been married for over 22 years and he's always had a government job... hes abandoned all financial responsibility in the last year.
    So Im curious to know what amount of alimony might be granted. Is financial courtesy granted for a legal separation also?

Thanks!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 07:41 AM

What state is this in because it varies by state.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 08:00 AM

Have you worked during the marriage?

Apr 18, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    What state is this in because it varies by state.
    Due to him being in the military for 17 yrs.. diff states.. last one ks... I currently live in PA and he lives in NY.

Apr 18, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Have you worked during the marriage?
    For about 8 months... I was a military wife and mother to our two kids... I had started college classes and then got so sick I could not continue. I then was diagnosed with two chronic diseases and my health is not good at all.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 12:06 PM

How long have you lived in PA ? If its under 6 months where were you last for 6 months ?

Have you started and court proceedings yet ? If so where ?

Apr 19, 2009, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    How long have you lived in PA ? If its under 6 months where were you last for 6 months ?

Have you started and court proceedings yet ? If so where ?
    Have not done anything with having no income due to my health and the lawyers I spoke to estimate it taking about 1800 to get finished. Hes done nothing financially for the kids (19 &22) since May 08 when the youngest graduated high school.
    I moved to PA when she graduated to live with my mother since I had no way to support myself in my current state of health.
    Came here to see if I could get estimates on what I may be granted. Hes in NY working for the VA and I am in PA.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 12:17 PM

Most states have a time limit of sorts for residency. That's why I asked about it. If you haven't lived there for 6 months then its possible another state has jurisdiction in your case. Every State is different. That's why it's a need to know. As far as supporting children after the age of 18 there usually isn't a requirement for it unless its by court order.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2009, 12:29 PM
    And while there are estimates alimony can vary greatly, also depending on what your income was while working,

If you can not work due to health, have you applied for disability,

What type of work can you do,

Although my wife was not currently working at our divorce, her education, her education, her past job experience and income while we worked went to show she "could" work if she wanted to. So she got a lot less than she wanted.

Apr 19, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And while there are estimates alimony can vary greatly, also depending on what your income was while working,

if you can not work due to health, have you applied for disability,

what type of work can you do,

although my wife was not currently working at our divorce, her education, her education, her past job experience and income while we worked went to show she "could" work if she wanted to. So she got alot less than she wanted.
    I guess I have been lead to believe since he's more or less abandoned me financially and helps with none of the medical costs, that it makes him look bad. He makes about 1800 a month last I knew... I don't see income taxes, etc because he files using us as dependants electronically and I don't know what he claims.
    We are now married over 23 yrs... I worked about 8mths then we were moved again, I am 4 classes from getting my bs degree. I was just approved for SSI... and with my health they told me it's a permanent ruling on being disabled.
    Any info is appreciated!! Thanks
    liciad50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
    Spousal abused he was arrested he filed for divorce temp spousal support $1500.00 mediated everything but spousal going before judge. I have chronic disease , depression, anxiety , battered wife syndrome he made 70,000 , I 16000 in Ga. Will I get more than 500. Amonth one child in college spacial needs married 26 years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vb 6.0 calculator [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! On my prject , I need a source code of a vb 6.0 calculator please help. Tnx

How to create a calculator in VB 6.0 [ 1 Answers ]

How to create a calculator in VB 6.0

TI-84 Plus Calculator [ 1 Answers ]

This is sort of a math question and it isn't. I just bought this calculator yesterday, and the book that came with it does not tell me how to program the Quadratic formula as well as other equations into this calculator. And someone I know in my class has the same one and told me that this can be...

How to do e-0.05 on a calculator [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, What are the exact steps I press on a calculator to do the following: - 40e-0.05 I keep getting the wrong answer? Any help is appreciated

View more questions Search