Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 03:28 AM
    Archangels .
    Which of the 12 archangels do you feel close to? And why ?

Chamuel

Raphael

Iophiel

Michael

Uriel

Cassiel

Metatron

Ramiel

Raguel

Gabriel

Sandalphon

Azrael

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Who is the patron archangel of Accountants?

Who is the patron archangel of Mathematicians ?
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Apr 21, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    Which of the 12 archangels do you feel close to? And why ?

Chamuel

Raphael

Iophiel

Michael

Uriel

Cassiel

Metatron

Ramiel

Raguel

Gabriel

Sandalphon

Azrael

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Who is the patron archangel of Accountants?

Who is the patron archangel of Mathematicians ?
    Hey, you forgot the Archangel of Mechanics? He's the one who watches over the wily mechanic, making sure he doesn't get over on you when he says you need that new timing belt when it's really just an air filter.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Apr 22, 2009, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester View Post
    Hey, you forgot the Archangel of Mechanics? He's the one who watches over the wily mechanic, making sure he doesn't get over on you when he says you need that new timing belt when it's really just an air filter.
    Haaaa... haaaa... Jake..! You made my day. I had a good laugh when I read your answer. Haaa... haaa..! God bless you, friend..!

Apr 22, 2009, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    Haaaa....haaaa....Jake..!!! You made my day. I had a good laugh when I read your answer. Haaa...haaa..... !!! God bless you, friend..!!
    Hey, I try... you got to have a sense of humor, right?

Apr 22, 2009, 07:06 PM
    Hey, I try...you gotta have a sense of humor, right?
    I fully support you.

This thing reminds me of a joke which I read online the other day. There was a man who missed his church that Sunday and went for hunting. In the jungle, a bear started chasing this man. The man ran as fast he could but he tripped over when his foot got caught in root of a tree. He fell down. After sometime when he opened his eyes, he saw bear sitting by him and ready to pounce on him. The man immedietly folded his hands and started praying, "Dear God, please make this bear a Christian". The bear held his front paws together and said, "Thankyou Lord, for the food I am about to receive".

Apr 22, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Triund View Post
    I fully support you.

This thing reminds me of a joke which I read online the other day. There was a man who missed his church that Sunday and went for hunting. In the jungle, a bear started chasing this man. The man ran as fast he could but he tripped over when his foot got caught in root of a tree. He fell down. After sometime when he opened his eyes, he saw bear sitting by him and ready to pounce on him. The man immedietly folded his hands and started praying, "Dear God, please make this bear a Christian". The bear held his front paws together and said, "Thankyou Lord, for the food I am about to receive".
    That is funny... really funny!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2009, 07:49 PM
    So THAT has been my problem, I haven't had the archangel of Mechanics watching over me... bummer. I didn't even know about him. Ahhhh the info I get on amhd is mind boggling.:p

Apr 23, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    So THAT has been my problem, I haven't had the archangel of Mechanics watchin over me.....bummer. I didn't even know about him. ahhhh the info i get on amhd is mind boggling.:p
    Haaaa... haaaa... haaaa... you all are great... :p
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 30, 2009, 08:58 AM

To get back to the original question:
    I don't feel close to any of the archangels. I know little about them from scripture and have no relationship(where we talk, share, learn, etc.)
    Except for Michael and Gabriel, I don't think any others were even mentioned in the Bible at all. (Well, Lucifer maybe but I sure don't feel close to him.)
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    To get back to the original question:
    I don't feel close to any of the archangels. I know little about them from scripture and have no relationship(where we talk, share, learn, etc.)
    Except for Michael and Gabriel, I don't think any others were even mentioned in the Bible at all. (Well, Lucifer maybe but I sure don't feel close to him.)
    Agreed. Most of this list comes from "somewhere", but it is not scriptural and scripture tells us to keep our focus on Jesus and the cross, not on any aspect of His creation.
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

May 30, 2009, 01:01 PM

Where did you find the angel of mechanics? Is it in the book of hesitations?
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedgift View Post
    where did you find the angel of mechanics? is it in the book of hesitations?
    Hezekiah 74:16;)
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Jun 2, 2009, 09:18 PM
    The meaning of Archangel is "chief angel". Archangel only appears in the bible in the singular never in the plural. Therefore there can only be ONE archangel (Michael), who is Jesus christ.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    The meaning of Archangel is "chief angel". Archangel only appears in the bible in the singular never in the plural. Therefore there can only be ONE archangel (Michael), who is Jesus christ.
    Jesus is not an angel.

Heb 1:5-6
    5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:
    "You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You"?
    And again:
    "I will be to Him a Father,
    And He shall be to Me a Son"?
    6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
    "Let all the angels of God worship Him."
    NKJV
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 11:25 PM
    ROLCAM,
    I don't feel close to any of them but I do feel close to my guardian angel whom I named as Tim.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jun 3, 2009, 04:05 AM
    Moparbyfar,
    Archangel broken down into the actual Greek means first messenger. Just as there are firstfruits, there are first messengers.
    In Daniel chapter 10, Daniel meets with the pre-incarnate Christ. In verse 13 this personage says to Daniel, "... Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me... "
    Then, in Jude verse 9, "But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, 'The Lord rebuke you'."
    Jesus is Lord. If Jesus was Michael he would have said, "I rebuke you."
    I know the version you're reading if you're a Jehovah's Witness(the main group that says Jesus is Michael) says, "Jehovah rebuke you" but there isn't an actual bible or New Testament Greek scholar alive that agrees "Jehovah" could possibly be inserted here instead of Lord. The main reason, being that the word "Jehovah" was taken from the tetramagon(4) JHVH (Hebrew had no vowels) and a 16th century monk inserted the vowels to make it a pronounceable word. (JeHoVaH)The original text does not contain the "JHVH" at any place in the new testament. Furthermore, the Hebrew language used a "Y" in place of the "J" and Jesus was the Greek form of "Yeshua"
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 05:57 PM
    homesell,
    Excellent points well made.
    They made me think and I learned from them.
    Thanks,
    Fred
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2009, 07:24 PM

Humm I wonder who the guardian angel of web site posters

Sorry Jesus is not an Angel
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 09:49 PM
    Fr. Chuck,
    There may be one but I doubt it for there are guardian angels for everyone.
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Fr. Chuck,
    There may be one but I doubt it for there are guardian angels for everyone.
    Fred
    Fred,

Where does scripture tell us to have a relationship with a guardian angel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search