Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jun 4, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    ROLCAM,
    I don't feel close to any of them but I do feel close to my guardian angel whom I named as Tim.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I don't get it. Can you just make up a guardian angel? Where did the name Tim come from?
    What is the purpose of an archangel? Do we need one? What do they do and where and how do you get one and how do you know if you picked the right one for you?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Tj3,
    Look it up.
    There are many reference to angels in the bible beginning In Gen chapter 16,vs 7.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:36 PM
    Tj3,
    Look it up.
    There are many reference to angels in the bible beginning In Gen chapter 16,vs 7.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Yes, Fred, no one said otherwise.

My question was:

Where does scripture tell us to have a relationship with a guardian angel?

Please address my question.

Cozyk also asked some good questions.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:44 PM
    Tj3,
    I saw the question. I gave you MY answer to look it up for yourself.
    Suggestion... Read all the mentions about angels in the bible. There is much to lear about them there.
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2009, 09:53 PM
    Tj3,
    I saw the question. I gave you MY answer to look it up for yourself.
    Suggestion....Read all the the mentions about angels in the bible. There is much to lear about them there.
    Fred
    Fred,

I know what the Bible says ABOUT angels, and none of the references says a word about a relationship with a guardian angel - thus my question to you.

By being unable to answer my question, you have unknowingly in fact provided the answer!

Thanks for proving the point that I was trying to make.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 09:20 PM
    Tj3,
    If your guardian angel's job is to protect you and even if you stuble on a stone, it certainly is a relationship.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Tj3,
    If your guardian angel's job is to protect you and even if you stuble on a stone, it certainly is a relationship.
    Again, Fred, scriptures to validate your claim are where?
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Jun 5, 2009, 10:32 PM
    1 Thess 4:16 states regarding the resurrected Lord Jesus "The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice."
    If this description of “archangel” applied, not to Jesus Christ but to other angels, then the reference to “an archangel's voice” would not be appropriate because it would be describing a voice of lesser authority than the Son of God. (Matt 28:18)

Interestingly, Jesus and Michael are the only ones described in the bible as leading an army of angels. There is no indication in the scriptures that there are two separate armies of faithful angels in heaven, one led by Michael and one led by Jesus.

QUOTE=homesell;1773890] there isn't an actual bible or New Testament Greek scholar alive that agrees "Jehovah" could possibly be inserted here instead of Lord. The main reason, being that the word "Jehovah" was taken from the tetramagon(4) JHVH (Hebrew had no vowels) and a 16th century monk inserted the vowels to make it a pronounceable word. (JeHoVaH)The original text does not contain the "JHVH" at any place in the new testament. Furthermore, the Hebrew language used a "Y" in place of the "J" and Jesus was the Greek form of "Yeshua
    My reply to this comment will be veering off subject so I will post in a different thread.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    1 Thess 4:16 states regarding the resurrected Lord Jesus "The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel's voice."
    If this description of “archangel” applied, not to Jesus Christ but to other angels, then the reference to “an archangel's voice” would not be appropriate because it would be describing a voice of lesser authority than the Son of God. (Matt 28:18)
    Using that logic, then Jesus must be God because He uses the trumpet of God:

1 Thess 4:16
    16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
    NKJV

The fact is that scripture simply compares his shout to that of an archangel -it does not say that He is. But scripture does say that he is God, and not an angel.

Since you believe that we must worship according to what scripture teaches, let's look at some things that it says:

John 8:23-24
    24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
    NKJV

Note that the word "he" does not appear in the original texts, thus it says:

--------------------------------------------
    Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."
    --------------------------------------------

The words meaning "I AM" are the same used in the OT in the Septuagint when God refers to Himself as I AM, and represents an emphatic form of the phrase.

Further we see that the angels worship jesus:

Heb 1:6
    6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:
    "Let all the angels of God worship Him."
    NKJV

And worship of anyone but God would be a sin.
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

Jun 6, 2009, 05:14 AM
    Originally Posted by Moparbyfar

Following tj3's line, the full quote says with the 1. Commanding call 2. With the voice of an archangel 3. with the trumpet call of God. Throughout the bible, God has his angels do certain tasks. (not that he needs to but that he wants to) At this quote, there are three things happening all involving the mouth at the same time. If the archangel is Jesus or Michael, scripture doesn't say(when it could have.) In other words it doesn't say the Lord gave a loud command, the lord in an archangels voice, and the Lord blew God's trumpet. Was the Lord supposed to come down and do all three things?
    Anyone knows when an important personage like a king enters a city, there are trumpets blowing and a hareld proclaiming. The King isn't doing this stuff himself.
    Besides, we aren't told what the archangel said so you're implying God's messengers can never give a message because they have "lesser authority"
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Jun 6, 2009, 04:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell [QUOTE
    you're implying God's messengers can never give a message because they have "lesser authority"
    I'm merely pointing out that this archangel is none other than Jesus himself in his heavenly position because he is greater than all other angels, as is the archangel. But we will agree to disagree, I'm settled on that. :p

BTW, I posted a reply to your comments on a different thread in the religious discussions section. :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post

I'm merely pointing out that this archangel is none other than Jesus himself in his heavenly position because he is greater than all other angels, as is the archangel. But we will agree to disagree, I'm settled on that. :p
    Jesus is not an angel - scripture is quite explicit on that point.

Heb 1:5-8
    5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:

"You are My Son,
    Today I have begotten You"?

And again:

"I will be to Him a Father,
    And He shall be to Me a Son"?

6 But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says:

"Let all the angels of God worship Him."

7 And of the angels He says:

"Who makes His angels spirits
    And His ministers a flame of fire."

8 But to the Son He says:

"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
    NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar
    BTW, I posted a reply to your comments on a different thread in the religious discussions section.
    I could not find this thread - how about a link?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search