Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Greeniies are my favorite ! I love to give greenies because its so nice when people make you think and smile and when you see them sharing the love,its all good!I think I have only given under 10 reddies. Well deserved!!:D
    I don't care about greenies,
    yes I do but I really want an animated avatar would be nice.I want one.Can you talk to someone :rolleyes:
    I'm not even allowed an animated avatar, so I can't help you there. :eek:

Just keep doing what you're doing, get to expert status, then to mod status, then you can have your animated avy. :)

After that, you recommend that they allow me to have one too.

See how this works? ;)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm not even allowed an animated avatar, so I can't help you there. :eek:

Just keep doing what you're doing, get to expert status, then to mod status, then you can have your animated avy. :)

After that, you recommend that they allow me to have one too.

See how this works? ;)
    That sounds like way too much work for me:)
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 05:29 PM

Fine, then I take the reddie back and answer you question, Shazamataz. I am bisexual by CHOICE.
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirl16 View Post
    Fine, then I take the reddie back and answer you question, Shazamataz. I am bisexual by CHOICE.
    Well then why ask the question, you seem to believe you have the answer.

Others would disagree, but so what. Who cares if it's a choice or genetic? It is what it is, that's all you need to know or care about.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Why are you so mad ?
    You seem angry.Is there something you want to share that is making you so angry?
    I'm really not trying to be nosy but if you need help,you are among friends here.
    Talk it out :)

Apr 18, 2009, 05:33 PM

I am asking if being gay is a choice or genetics.
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 05:35 PM

I have to agree Artsy. I too sense a lot of anger.

Turtlegirl, we're here to help people. If you need help then you can ask for it here.

You're anonymous, so whatever you want to talk about, it stays here.

Think about it. We're sensing a lot of contained anger in you. Maybe it's time to let it out.

Apr 18, 2009, 05:36 PM
    No, I am not mad, its just the deal where the reddies, I thought they were ratings, that's why I put them there. It says rate this answer, Its not a "I dont wanna" thing. I just misunderstood.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Apr 18, 2009, 05:39 PM

What do you define as being gay? ONLY being attracted to the same gender? I personally feel that since being bi also includes attraction to the same gender then it is not defined separately. You are being awfully defensive and no one here is trying to upset you. Like artlady said, where here to listen if there's something you would like to get off your chest.
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 05:41 PM
    No, I am not mad, its just the deal where the reddies, I thought they were ratings, thats why I put them there. It says rate this answer, Its not a "I dont wanna" thing. I just misunderstood.
    It does explain how to rate in the rules, that's why it's upsetting to all of us, it seems too many people come here and don't bother to read the rules. I had asked you yesterday not to give reddies unless the post was factually incorrect, but then today you did it again, that why I said it was a case of "I don't wanna" because you'd already been told.

Misunderstandings happen, and none of use are immune to that. Now you know, so let's move on, put that in the past. Okay? :)

And just so it is clear.

The rules are;

A reddie can only be given for factually incorrect information, not for opinions.

In other words. If I write "Snow is purple" then you can give me a reddie, because that's factually incorrect. But, if I write "I think that snow is purple in some places" well, that's an opinion, not subject to reddies. Then, if you don't agree, you can quote that and post what you think. Understand?

The rules just keep things civilized. After all, we're all human, and we can all get heated at times. Trust me, I know! :eek::D

Apr 18, 2009, 05:51 PM

Altenweg: Did you write this in this thread because I may have overlooked that page... My easily made mistake.

Silverfoxkit: I define gay as attracted to your same gender and only that gender. Bisexual I consider as attracted to both genders, including your own.
    Pets Expert

Apr 18, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Altenweg: Did you write this in this thread because i may have overlooked that page... My easily made mistake.

Silverfoxkit: I define gay as attracted to your same gender and only that gender. Bisexual I consider as attracted to both genders, including your own.
    No, it was another thread, I believe in the dogs forum, but I really don't remember which exact thread. I can check if you want, and yes, it's possible that you didn't see it.

Like I said, now you know. I don't look back, I look forward, so no worries. Okay? ;)

Apr 18, 2009, 05:58 PM

Okay! ;)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 03:48 AM
    No need to yell :)

Like I said it was just a question, I never meant to offend anyone.

I don't understand bisexuals.. and I don't mean that in a mean way at all, I just genuanely don't understand. Some people are genuine about being bi-sexual and really do like both sexes but some people (especially younger girls) become "bi-sexual" because they think kissing another girl makes them "cool"

Apr 19, 2009, 11:38 AM

That's not me at all. I do like both sexes but honestly, I would only use dating another girl as a last resort, maybe never at all.
    a la king Posts: 121, Reputation: 22

Apr 19, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie46 View Post
    Hi Turtlegirl16

actually, there is now scientific evidence of the brain - where they've proved that there is a hormonal difference between heterosexual and homosexual individuals. You can hold your beliefs - I won't argue with you, but I think that your Mom is correct. There are very strong genetic predispositions towards sexual preference, and many homosexual people will tell you that they knew they were born gay - long before they ever hit puberty. If being gay IS a choice - ask yourself this: WHY would ANYONE choose that choice for themselves? ?!?! it doesn't make sense. That's like saying that a person chooses to be born with downs syndrome or chooses to be born as a little person or chooses to be born with MS (mutiple sclerosis). No one would wish that upon themselves. What a person CAN choose is whether to hide being gay or deciding to accept it, and be flamboyant and parade around. that's what I believe. Anyway, I'm glad that you have gay and bi friends.

take care.

Interesting. You really made being homosexual sound like a disability.

Apr 20, 2009, 10:00 AM

RIGHT? I didn't notice that...
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 10:35 AM

I think in the absence of strong evidence, every one has their own opinion, whether we agree or disagree.

Mostly though I believe that we are products of our own upbringing, or beliefs when it comes to our opinions of others, especially if they can't understand the motivations or the behaviors they don't understand.

Sometimes we don't understand our own feelings, but the bottom line is how we deal with it.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Apr 20, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Thats not me at all. I do like both sexes but honestly, I would only use dating another girl as a last resort, maybe never at all.
    I'm not understanding what you're saying... you would only date another girl as a last resort? That doesn't sound very "bi" to me. As for me, I'm gay (lesbian). I had feelings for other girls from the age of nine, and it didn't feel like a choice at all. It's just the way I am. If you have so many gay friends, I'm shocked you haven't asked them... if you can't ask your friends, who can you ask?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2009, 12:14 PM

I am on your mom side.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mom's Way Or No Way! [ 15 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can relate to me. I'm getting married in Sep my fiancé and I have been together a little over three years now. I started planning our wedding about a year ago when we officially announced our engagement. When I first started I was really happy and excited, but now I...

Brother won't leave mom's house after mom's death [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My mother died recently. My brother is the executor of the estate. He lived with my mother prior to her death. The will clearly states that of all of mom's posssessions go into an estate, get sold and then be evenly distributed among six siblings. My brother is refusing to put the...

My mom's loser boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

So 4 years ago my parents got a divorce, I was 13. I kind of expected it so it didn't hit me as hard as I thought. My mom started dating this guy who was 23 and she was 37. I was a bit bothered by this but at the time she let me do practically whatever I wanted, and I was a rebellious teen I guess...

Mom's Surgery [ 6 Answers ]

Tomorrow my mom is going into surgery to have some of her intestines removed. She has to have 3 inches of small intestine removed, plus some of the large intestine. There is nothing wrong with the large intestine, but the doctor recommended it, I can't remember why. I'm cannot remember the exact...

View more questions Search