Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Apr 17, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Improve Near-sighted eyesight
    I'm very near-sighted and I heard that eyesight can be improved by wearing your glasses as little as possible because it will force your eyes to work harder and very slowly improve your eyesight. Does anyone know if this is true?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 03:52 PM

I have heard that too. My eyesight changes with many things... mostly what I eat.
    Like when I eat good healthy meals and don't drink soda it is a bit better. I wear my glasses on and off and the less I wear them the better my eyes seem to be.
    I heard of a pair of glasses that have pin holes that you can wear to read and it helps focus better to improve your eyesight.

Also fresh fruits and vegetables, anti oxidents such as ginkgo and beta carotene are good
    But if you have high blood pressure or some other health problems I think you have to be careful with ginkgo.
    Also omega fatty acid, vitamin C, eyebright and bilberry are good.

Here is a good site
    Eyesight help for poor eyesight, review of herbs, vitamins, supplements
    Danni2222 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2009, 01:32 PM

I think it's a load of rubbish personally your eyes need help for a reason, either because they are too long (short sighted) or too short (long sighted) or the muscles too weak (long) or strong (short) however as we have no control over these muscles you can not exercise them. People think their vision is better when they don't wear their glasses for a while, this is because your eyes over compensate and strain and get used to the reduced vision. The pinhole lenses don't actually inprove your vision as such they focus ALL the light on the macula (used for seeing fine detail) and as a result the light is more dense making it easier to distinguish light levels. Please don't just stop wearing yoiur glasses esp if you drive. Consult your optician.

Apr 29, 2009, 01:45 PM

Please don't listen to this stuff I really don't believe it! First off short sightedness is caused by either parts of the eye being too long or the muscles being too strong and long sighted people either have parts of their eyes too short or the muscles too weak. Either way you cannot change the prescription of your eye by yourself. We have no control over the muscles in our eyes so we can't exercised them to help. Also this pinhole lens that's mentioned focuses light onto the macula (the part of the retina that gives us fine detail vision) as the light doesn't get a chance to disperse the retina is able to distinguish between the shades of light easier, however you then loose your peripheral so whts the point?? Please be careful if you take any advice esp if you drive. The optician has given you glasses for a reason please just use them. If you don't like wearing glasses try contact lenses or check about laser surgery.

Apr 29, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Sorry my last quote didn't come up when I went back so put it again sorry :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:32 PM

Eye sight can begin to deteriorate due to poor nutrition and free radicals. It can be improved by improving health if the problem is due to these reasons.
    My chiropractor has improved eye sight simply through correcting the spine and changing peoples eating habits and supplements.
    HaroldR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2010, 11:33 AM
    For what it is worth, I have benefited rather amazingly from vitamin C. I began using vitamin C in 1978 but not in large doses. I remember moving it up to one gram [1, 000mg] four times a day, divided doses, several years ago and later increasing it to 2 grams, four times a day, during the winter months. In 2002 when I went for my drivers license renewal and took the vision test, the tester surprised me by passing me without glasses. In 2002 and 2006, when I went for my drivers license renewal, I passed the vision test easily without glasses. I now drive day or night and have no problem. [Of course, I take other vitamins and minerals daily].

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My eyesight [ 8 Answers ]

I use to have really great vision. I could read the copyright on the eye chart. My eyesight has gone down hill and I can't afford the eye doctors. I wanted to know what my eyesight is now APPROXIMATE Since it is obviously no longer 20/20 I wear 200+ reading glasses from the $ Tree. Can you...

Foggy Eyesight [ 8 Answers ]

My eyes get really foggy and hazy around the edges. This does not affect my eyesight it just makes me feel hazy I also get migrains a lot. I don't think I need glasses because like I said my eyesight is perfect. But during certain times of the day my eyes just feel really blurry, especially during...

Fading eyesight [ 5 Answers ]

Well hello and good evening. Here is a problem that has been keeping me awake for a long time now. Its my eye sight. I'm losing my eye sight. Now it could be because of my age. I'm 35. It could be because I read by candle light. Or it could be because I masterbate 23 times a day. Can anyone help me?

Dogs with bad eyesight [ 7 Answers ]

We have a malamute /husky mix. He will be 2 years old in May. We recently had him into the vet for hip problems, the vet said nothing about hip dysplasia, but showed us his x-ray, said he has arthritis, the femur balls are both very flat. Now within the last week or 2 we are thinking he is having...

Cat's eyesight [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that cats can see in the dark, or is this just a myth?

View more questions Search