Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Apr 17, 2009, 08:21 AM
    Toilet flushing issue
    Hello -

Here's my problem. My toilet flushes itself 3 times after one pull of the lever. It does the same thing in the 2nd floor toilet as well. I pull the level to flush and the toilet cycles through 3 flushes and then it stops.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 08:29 AM

This happens if you have Low Flush Toilets with wrong flopper or modified flopper. What brand/kind/type of toilet do you have ? Have you done any repairs to the toilet flushing system inside tank?

Apr 17, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    This happens if you have Low Flush Toilets with wrong flopper or modified flopper. What brand/kind/type of toilet do you have ? Have you done any repairs to the toilet flushing system inside tank?
    Hey, Milo -

The toilets are branded Gerber USA. I have not made any repairs to the inside tank since I have lived in the house... I assume the inside tank has all the original equipment because the house was built in 1993.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 17, 2009, 09:18 AM

If you look inside the tank, does it seem like the flopper is new ?

Also: remove lid and flush toilet. Watch the flopper. It should go up and slowly sit back down to seal the opening. It should not "hesitate"... Also, make use it doesn't hit fill tube or side of the tank while closing...

The problem you're describing usually happens when somebody installs wrong flopper on low flush toilet...

Apr 17, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    If you look inside the tank, does it seem like the flopper is new ?

Also: remove lid and flush toilet. Watch the flopper. It should go up and slowly sit back down to seal the opening. It should not "hesitate" ... Also, make use it doesn't hit fill tube or side of the tank while closing....

The problem you're describing usually happens when somebody installs wrong flopper on low flush toilet...
    Thanks again. I'll look at the flopper and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Flushing Problems - Weird Issue [ 6 Answers ]

Hey Guys, I'm having trouble with my toilet to flush down solids. I have figured out a temporary solution but I'm looking for a permanent fix. Here's some background on the building It's a 2 story building with 5 apartments in it. All the washrooms are fine except for the one on the second...

Toilet not flushing toilet paper! [ 3 Answers ]

Why will our new toilet flush more solid waste but not toilet paper & less solid waste? We have just bought it & are in middle of having bathroom installed & the plumber is blaming the toilet & the fact it is quite narrow at the bottom of the pan inside. It has no trouble with getting rid of other...

Toilet Flushing/Filling Issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for taking the time to read about my toilet woes... Here is my problem the toilet has a very weak flush and usually not everything will go down (it reminds me of when a toilet is flushed twice one right after the other). The second issue is that there is...

View more questions Search