Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Ratio Analysis
    Can someone help me please with this question?

The lenders of X have asked you to prepare the following ratios for the company from their comparative financial statements. They are concerned about Soukup’s ability to continue as a going concern. The ratios are as follows:

Year 2003

Current ratio 2.1

Working capital Down 7%

Debt to total assets 0.70

Net income Down 8%

Earnings per share $1.15

Price-earnings ratio 19.5

Year2004

Current ratio 3.1

Working capital Up 22%

Debt to total assets 0.60

Net income Up 32%

Earnings per share $2.40

Price-earnings ratio 26.2

Defend the company’s argument that its financial health is improving by citing the implications and limitations of each ratio listed.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2006, 12:29 PM
    Please refer to this Announcement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2-cycle oil / gas ratio [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a way to consolidate gas tanks. I have three different machines that of course all use a different ratio. Auger is 24:1, snowblower is 50:1, and weedeater is 40:1. Is there a product out there which would allow me to use 1 or 2 tanks for these... I'd appreciate any input ...

Current Ratio [ 1 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm’s current ratio? 1. A customer prepays in full for specially ordered merchandise that it will take 60 days to manufacture. 2. Inventory is sold at the firm’s normal 35% markup cost.

Affects on current ratio [ 1 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm's current ratio? 1. inventory is sold 2. the firm takes out a bank loan to pay its suppliers 3. a customer pays its overdue bill 4. the firm uses cash to purchase additional inventories.

Firm's current ratio [ 2 Answers ]

How would the following actions affect a firm's current ratio? 1. Inventory is sold. 2. The firm takes out a bank loan to pay its suppliers. 3. A customer pays its overdue bills. 4. The firm uses cash to purchase additional inventories Thank you

View more questions Search