Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atiya23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2009, 02:01 AM
    Tahajjud Salah
    Can anyone please help me with the timings and the best way to offer 'Tahajjud Salah' ?
    If possible please let me know the most appropriate dua for this salah.
    Thanks in advance..
    optimistic Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Apr 17, 2009, 04:35 AM

Hi
    I'm not a mufti but I searched for the answer on islamonline website
    What I found is that the time when we can pray it is after the mid of the night and it's preferred to pray it as muthanna which means praying Two rak'ahs and after finishing them pray another two until you finish and you can pray as much as you want before the fajr
    For other information you can visit IslamOnline.net- Islamic News, Shari'ah, Society, Family, Culture, Science, Youth, and Health and ask them
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Apr 17, 2009, 12:04 PM

Salam! I have found this information for you

Tahajjud may be performed in the early part of the night, the middle part of the night, or the latter part of the night, but after the obligatory `Isha’ Prayer (night Prayer).It is best to delay this Prayer to the last third portion of the night.

`Amr ibn `Absah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saying:

“The closest that a slave comes to his Lord is during the middle of the latter portion of the night. If you can be among those who remember Allah the Exalted One at that time, then do so.”

One should begin with two quick rak`ahs and then one may pray whatever one wishes after that.
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

May 14, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Thanks to atiya23 I too had the same confusion about tahajjud thanks for all those who explained here may allah bless you all
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2011, 10:16 PM
    It depends on when, where, and how you can. If it`s difficult for you to wake up in the third part of the night, then it`s from sunnah in that case to pray before you sleep. SaHabah -rAa- were different in that too. The Leader of the believers `Uthmaan -rAa- used to pray in one raka`ah behind Ka`bah all Qur`an completely in one time. Beat that! You can`t. So people are different. Tahajjud is your personal time with Allaah. Make the best of it, and don`t make it too hard for yourself, because it`s more beloved to your Lord that you keep it every night even if it`s just 2 rak`ahs plus witr, than if you pray so much at one time and then you leave it completely. Nabi -sAaws- would pray every night 11 rak`ahs, but if he was travelling, then only witr - and the 2 rak`ahs before fajr. And the du`aa he told when Aisha asked if it`s leila Al-Qadr: "Allaahumma Innaka `Afuwwun tuHibbu-l`afwa fa`fu `annii" ("O Allaah, verily You are Forgiving, you love forgiveness, so forgive me!") must be one of the best, or these 2 were from what Allaahs Messenger -sAaws- asked the most in his life: "Allaahumma(or:`Rabbanaa`) aatinaa fi-ddunjaa Hasanataw-wa fi-l-aakhirati Hasanataw-wa qinaa `athaab An-Naar" ("O, Allaah/our Lord give us good in the world and good in the hereafter, and save us from the punishment of the Fire!", and "Allaahumma Muqalliba-l-quluub thabbit qalbii `alaa Diinika" ("O, Allaah . The Turner of the hearts, establish my heart firmly upon Your Religion!") äämiin.
    The length of the night and its parts is counted from the sunset (solaah al-maqhrib time) until the dawn starts to appear (solaah as-subH time). The third part of the night is very, very good time to worship Allaah.

Jan 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    Sorry I didn`t leave references to evidences, but I`ve learned all this through many trustworthy sources in sha Allaah. And Allaah descends to the first heaven on the 3.part of the night -as is authenticated from Nabii (sAaws) in a way He knows best.

Jan 18, 2011, 10:24 PM
    Comment on MiSSsy111222's post
    Thanks. May Allaah reward you all with Al--Jannah. Wa `aleikum as-Salaam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facts and information about Salah [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, Homework help please (I know I could have put this under homework, but since its R.E I thought it would be better to ask it here) I have been asked to come up with facts about Salah (at least 15) and information about Salah, I have searched some websites and can't find that much so I...

View more questions Search