Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysticque Posts: 95, Reputation: -7
    -

Sep 15, 2006, 07:05 AM
    How do you elaborate your success either short/long term?
    This is not my story but someone who has been really part of me for a very long time which really inspire me.

I met this guy right after college. He grew up pretty much on his own. Sometimes his grandparents took care of him sometimes his parents but never the time they really shared a real loving memoirs. Sometimes his friend's family gave him shelter and food for some of the nights. But never really he was happy with his family. Dad's alcoholic, mom was struggling to feed 3 small boys and an immature husband. He has no where else to go but experience the life of a couple who argues from day to night. Finally she divorced him. She left and left everything behind including children. I guess I can understand how she would feel. It was too much for her. So the father is the one responsible for feeding the 3 children now. But he has never changed. Only fed them once or twice a day then head to work at his family operated cleaners, with irregular hours.

The boys are 13yo and twin brothers 9yo. The eldest didn't finish high school and ended up working as manual labor. While the 2 has grown up with successful grades, valedictorian and salutatorian. They went off straight to college in separate ways he went to RPI and the other to Hamilton. Then again both are 4.0 students with full scholarship programs for SU and CU. They head to take their MS at the said schools and at the same time work for successful firms in NYC, LA, Houston and Palo Alto. Both of them will also be expecting their Law degree in 6 months from UCB and Fordham University. What really amazed me is that these 2 adorable guys, have gone through such defective, harsh, and immature parents yet they are still very nice, loving, respectful, caring, and the whole nine yards. Personally I cry every time he tells me the story.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Wise young youngs, who knew the meaning of hard life, and took the right step they did and studied and look where it got them. Good for them :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weak short term memory [ 4 Answers ]

I want to improve my memory.I have a good long term memory i.e remember the things very well happened long ago but forget the things of DAY TO DAY daily life.Pls provide the solution

Short-term assets, Patent, Revenue and capital expenditures [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if Utilities expense, Supplies expense, Advertising cost, Shipping cost if any of these are considered short-term assets? Is prepaid legal fees considered capital expenditure or revenue expenditure? and lastly I need help with this question: Show the journal entry, on June...

Short-term capital gains from stock sales [ 2 Answers ]

"Short-term stock gains are taxed as ordinary income. Therefore, the nominal tax rate will be whatever tax bracket you are in. More explicitly, it will be taxed at the federal tax rate (bracket) as determined by your taxable (not gross) income line on your federal tax return." If all of my income...

Friends, to long term to ex's [ 10 Answers ]

I love my ex to death, I want him to love me, but were not tougether anymore, I love him with my whole heart, and he's the only boy I've ever wanted to spend my life with, and now he's gone, and I know he's having just a hard time as I am.even when we were dating, he couldn't tell me he loved me....

MS Access - Long Term Varialbe? [ 4 Answers ]

I set up users in a database on a daily basis. There has been a recent change where I need to assign each of them to a number between 800 and 899, in sequential order. How can I do this, using VB or ACCESS, so that the variable isn't lost when the application is closed? In other words, if I add a...

View more questions Search