Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajs3077 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 12:42 PM
    My depressing life
    I am in a relationship that makes me totally miserable. I know that if I end the relationship that my two girls will be devastated and so would his daughter. I hate to even get out of bed and face the day just because I truly hate my life and I don't know what to do?:(
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Apr 16, 2009, 12:46 PM

You need to do what's right for YOU. If you are miserable then your kids KNOW this and they suffer. It may suck at first.. but when they see you be happier and happier. They will be happy as well
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Apr 16, 2009, 12:50 PM

Get out of your relationship. Explain to your daughters how your feeling and why you leaving your husband. When they are mature enough they will understand.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 01:06 PM

Hey,there are so many survival stories here,people posting helping others,they truly are surviors,there really worth checking out.

Ending a relationship that's not working is always hard,no matter what the circumstances,but if you are happy,your children will benefit from that.

You could still have contact with his daughter,it need not be the end of your relationship with his child.
    L van Rhede Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 08:31 PM
    I have been taking antidepressions for the past 10 years on and off. The past few months it has been very good, but I still have that feeling like I am on a see saw ride. Some days up and other days down. Is that normal?:confused:
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 09:45 PM

Your children are definitely not going to be very happy knowing that YOU are not happy. Being separated from an unhappy marriage does not mean the children need to suffer. If the only problem is unhappiness then the relationship between your children and his child does not need to be severed from you or him. But your children know when your unhappy and in the long run that will damage them more than being apart from their father. Yes it will be difficult for them, but not nearly as difficult as seeing their mother in an unhappy relationship. They will model their future loves and marriage after yours. If you are content in staying in an unhappy marriage, they may seek the same type of marriage.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2009, 09:58 PM

First you can often get help if you want to work on a relationship.

What are some of the issues,

Running away without fighting for and working on a relationship is far to easy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is too depressing [ 3 Answers ]

Ive posted a blog about my ex calling me accidentally. It happen again last Thursday But after the two calls she made accidentally. About at 1:30 she sent me two text messages saying "Hey sorry for calling. My phone accidently dialed your number. My phones always seems to dial your number. Then...

Depressing artists [ 6 Answers ]

I was hoping someone could give me names of some depressing musical artists. I.E. evanescense or the rasmus

Mum makes home life miserable and depressing [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my mum always argue. I can't spend 10 minutes with her and we fight.Im 14, 15 in October, do well at school (im in the top 10 students and duxed technology) and complete numerous afterschool activitys. She yells at me about stupid little things and says stuff that's not true and hurtful. For...

No pressure when depressing clutch [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Chevy S10, 4.3L with a manual transmission. I tried to put the truck in first gear but it would not engage. I noticed that the clutch seemed like it did not have any pressure on it when I tried to depress it. I checked the master cylinder and it was full of fluid. I looked underneath...

There's this boy, but he doent really know who I am and its depressing. [ 1 Answers ]

So there is this boy who is in my bestfriends homeroom. He plays soccer just like me, he's adorable! I just can't get over him, and its getting to me. For the last week and a couple of days I've been feeling depressed.:( But I've also been creeping on Facebook, and I have seen that he's...

View more questions Search