Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loz3500 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
    Early Pregnancy
    Hi, I have recently found out that I am pregnant but am worried as I am supposed to be going to Florida 3 weeks. At this time I will only be around 5 weeks pregnant and I am wondering whether the flight may effect my chances of having a miscarriage? Also there are a lot of rides and water slides in Florida. Would you advise me not to go on any of these rides or are there certain ones that I could go on? I don't want to do anything if there's even the slightest chance that it could hurt the baby but a lot of my family are saying so early on in the pregnancy only nature can result in miscarrying rather than anything I do.

Please help.
    Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2006, 10:12 AM
    For the most part it is true that nature can result in miscarriages, but I would NOT take the risk.

Flying is not a danger until usually the last trimester, but the rides and waterslides I would stay away from. It is best to ask your doctor his/her opinion on this.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2006, 01:35 PM
    I would definitely suggest staying away from the majority of the rides. Usually they will had an advisory for the rides, saying that pregnant women are not allowed to ride on them. Flying should be fine. The only other thing that I could forsee putting a damper on things is morning sickness hahha, but most of us preggies have to face that. Hopefully you won't be one of them. Congrats and wishes of best luck to you.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 18, 2006, 08:44 AM
    I would ask your dr about the rides. Before I found out I was preggy with my three yr old I played women's pro football... NFL rules and it was full contact. I asked my dr if the baby was safe and he told me that there wasn't a safer place. I didn't find out for the first two months of that pregnancy and let me tell you being tackled by three 200+ pound women is more than a roller coaster ride as far as physically jarring. I would see what your dr says and follow that advise though. I wouldn't have played or practiced if I had known that I was pregnant before hand. Play it safe always ask your dr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, tell me what you think... the company I work for has an outside third party company that handles payroll and insurance. Our open enrollment is in January and July. In January we got a new company and after reviewing the benefits and the premiums I agreed. In February I found out that I was...

Bleeding and cramping in early pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having mild cramping on and off for the past week. Today I started bleeding with stronger cramping. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for about a month. I am about 4 days shy of when my period would normally start (and I'm usually regular), and tried a early detection...

Early to Mid '90s Sci-Fi [ 1 Answers ]

There was a show about an alien who looked like a human man and he had a companion giant eyeball looking creature who had a glassy reflective front and was constantly harassing the main character about hostility. What was this show?

Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

IS it possible to be pregnannt even if you haven't missed your period?

Pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29yrs old, and have some problem. I have my period at 3rd June and having unprotected sex at 11th June. Expecting pregnant but period come again on 29thjune . Never happened having period twice in a month. I am so confusing.. after that when we have sex again my vagina is bleeding . My...

View more questions Search