Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Apr 16, 2009, 12:02 PM
    wrong employer information for garnishment
    I have a good friend of mine who has been divorced for a few years. In December she went back to court for an increase in her child support, which she was granted. He brought his paystubs to court and they took that information for the garnishment ( I'm guessing, I don't know how the system works).

their son was in the hospital and she told the father that she would need him to pay half of the co-pay. He said NO, my wages are being garnished you're going to have to use that money. She says... "i haven't gotten a dime since january". She then contacted the courts. The court said that the information he gave them is wrong in regards to the employer. Phone is disconnected. She informed her exhusband and he refuses to give her his information.

a friend of mine works for the same company but is actually employed by the company. Her X is a contractor for IMB, which subs out the work. I think we need to find the sub.

how can we go about getting this information? Her money is tight and retaining an attorney again isn't in her budget. She works hard and needs his help. Does anyone have any tips? Is there something we can do on our own? Why have the courts let this go for sooo long?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 12:40 PM

Have your friend take her paperwork and see the local Child Support Agency to help them get the correct employer for the garnishment. Might take sometime but they're free.
    rxnarunner Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Apr 16, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Thank you, I'm going to forward this to her. Any advice is a plus!

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 16, 2009, 12:45 PM

Most atates have a child support agency which is responsible for collecting support. Such agencies can usually get the current employer from the SSA. Or the court can issue a subpeona for the information.

As to whether the ex is responsible for the hospital payment depends on what the custody/support agreement says.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locating an Employer for Wage Garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a judgment against an individual and have been garnishing wages slowly for around a year now. This person recently changed jobs and I need to find out where her current place of employment is so I can file another Garnishment Application. What would be the best way to go about...

Child support garnishment not enforced by employer [ 9 Answers ]

I have had the child support in Colorado garnish the father's wages for almost 3 years. The employer refuses and I am told that in arapahoe county the magistrate doesn't hold the employer accountable for refusal of the garnishment. Further I am told that if I "blow the whistle" they will drop my...

HIPAA Law Regarding Former Employer Releasing Information [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently unemployed. I approached a staffing company which asked me for two supervisory references, which I provided. Upon contacting my former employer to check the references the staffing company told me my ex-supervisor was reluctant to talk to him citing a company policy against giving...

View more questions Search