Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natasha44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Confused Sexual Orientation
    [F]

:confused:Well, I am completely in love with my best friend, and I know that he loves me too. Yet, he says he can't be with me because he is confused about his sexual orientation. The fact that he maybe swinging the other way, does not seem to have any effect on the way I feel, I still love him deeply. He seems to shy away from me, and seems scared to talk to me about it. He still hasn't been able to discuss it with me, and wrote it out.

I wish there was something I could do to help him, and myself to get over him.

He says he loves me, but can't be with me, because he doesn't want to put me through the "trauma" of his experimentation.

What do I do?
    snow124 Posts: 116, Reputation: 28

Apr 15, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Appreciate his honesty, and realize you can't be with him.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 03:40 PM

If your feelings are too deep for him, which I think it is, maybe you should limit yourself around him. I am sure he would understand.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 09:05 AM

Do what he says, and let him experiment, and find himself.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2009, 09:15 AM

You can either respect his wishes to not partake in sexual activities with you.

Or

Talk to him about it again.
    Remember though, you have to be prepared for the emotional rollercoaster of him experimenting with other people and also sleeping with you then possibly deciding that he is homosexual.
    Also be wary of your friendship changing afterwards, he may feel awkward after being with you sexually.

Edited as a meant to say homo not hetro
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 09:21 AM

You are not going to change his orientation by any means.If you think that is even a remote possibility,you need to know it won't happen.
    Respect him and give him the support a friend would and do not compound his current situation by asking for more than he can give.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teens Sexuality[meaning Sexual Orientation] [ 8 Answers ]

Im thirteen,well the 23 of this month.I personal have known for a couple of Months my sexual orientation. Last summer I figured Out I like Girls and Boys.I've dated 2 girls during the year.And it seemed better than dating a guy.Lol. But I told my mom and My dad,that Im so called...

Confused am I bi-sexual [ 10 Answers ]

I am in the process of getting out of a horrbile relationship with a man of 3 years. I been going out a lot with my best friend. I have noticed this girl that I become so attracted to. Its crazy because I never been interested in chicks!! Just men!! Is this normal.? I don't know I am 34 ears old...

Teenage sexual orientation [ 14 Answers ]

I am a teenage girl. I know I am straight and I really really REALLY have a big interest in boys. But sometimes it just crosses my mind "What if I were gay?" I know I am 100% straight and I absolutely want to be married to a man and have a family someday, but I am just wondering, is this normal....

Sexual orientation [ 3 Answers ]

Oka so I though I was straight because I have never had feelings for another girl before. Ive been friends with this girl who is lesbian but I have never felt anything for her and we have just been good friends for a long time. But just recently I started talking to this girl who's on then bball...

Teenage sexual orientation issues. [ 12 Answers ]

I'm a 15 year old female. I know that every teen these days questions their sexuality. Every one of them. Even if a male says "Wow, I am sooo straight. But what if I WAS gay? EW." Ya know? I've always liked girls, even since I was little. I was always a tomboy, too. This was because I knew...

View more questions Search