Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allycat31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Single Vanity want to install double vanity top
    I currently have a single 5ft long vanity and would like to know if it is possible to install a double sink vanity top to it. I would like to keep the cabinet portion but would like to add two sinks to the top. If so what do I need?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2009, 04:56 PM

First get inside and under the sink to make sure the space you need is actually there, sometimes you will find bracing and/or drawer tracks. If the space is open you can try to find a stock double that fits a 5' cabinet or order a custom sonk from a home center, cheaper than you might guess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the Standard Plumbing for a Double Sink Vanity [ 3 Answers ]

I recently remodeled my bathroom, which could previously only accommodate a 30" single sink vanity, to be able to contain a 60" double sink vanity. This was done by moving the wall on one side of the original vanity about 30" from where it was. Looking at the vanity that I want to buy,...

Convert plumbing from single vanity to double [ 25 Answers ]

We had a single sink vanity in place. Now we're remodeling and will be getting a 60" double sink vanity. Unfortunately I cannot use the stubs/drain that are existing, because the vanity has cabinet/drawer vertical supports that are right where the current supplies stub out. Can someone tell me...

Double vanity - one drain? [ 1 Answers ]

O.k. my question is- we are renovating a bathroom that had one sink and the new vanity will have two. Is it possible to extend the drain to the center of the two in a y shape and still use one? My husband says no- I say I have seen it done before. Not sure if it is really the correct thing to do...

Replacing single sink vanity [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing my single sink vanity with a double sink vanity. Can I use the water supply lines that were for the single sink for the 2 new sinks. What do I use to supply both sinks?

No running water in one sink of double vanity [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I have an original (1990) builder-grade double vanity in my master bath. One sink works perfectly, the other sink will not run water. I checked the shut-off valves under the sink, they seem fine. There was no reason for them to have been turned off anyway, I was just making sure. ...

View more questions Search