Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2009, 12:22 AM
    I had another question.. What did you think of my website did u think it was professional did u think it looks competittive with others??
    Criticism is fine with me...
    And with my ad running in the paper...
    In the past I have ran in the same paper and gained over 10 customers in a 2 month span from it...

The wording I sent youl.. does it sound all right or sohuld I reword it a little bit
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:23 AM
    Okay, let's see how many minutes it takes to appear in a Google search.

Please open another browser and do a search for Chicago, IL Cleaning Service.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:24 AM
    I think that you could put more of the names of the cities in there where you'll be willing to work.

That's one way to improve your ad.

Apr 18, 2009, 12:28 AM

That specific paper is mailed directly to 250,000 homes only within the main areas of my interest.. its actually a real neat advertisement paper.. cause people don't have to go buy it and it comes in the mail for free! Right in their mailboxes.. that is why I don't say in it where I do job.. does that makes sense? I hope lol

Apr 18, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Thanks again for the help and info with the ad.. I really do appreciate it from you and stringer also!
    But do you think we can start resume this conversation back up tomorrow around the same time? I still have some questions about appealing to commercial clients in such a alrge industry and single targeting them... if tomorrow is not good I can do Sunday also.. just let me know the best time though cause its defiantly past my bedtime lol
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:37 AM

If you're going to be placing ads on the Internet on classified sites or on a website, it's best to be listing as many keywords as you can.

I once had someone who was looking for goats in Iowa (they are an animal rescue) decide to have their piano tuned because they accidentally came across my ad for piano tuning.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaningman23 View Post
    Thanks again for the help and info with the ad.. I really do appreciate it from you and stringer also!!
    But do you think we can start resume this convo back up tomorrow around the same time? I still have some questions about appealing to commercial clients in such a alrge industry and single targeting them... if tomorrow is not good I can do sunday also.. just let me know the best time though cause its defiantly past my bedtime lol
    I'll be back on here at about the same time tomorrow night. I'm sure that Stringer would like to give his input also. He really knows about this type of industry. My particular expertise is with advertising and promotion.

Thanks!

Apr 18, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    If you're going to be placing ads on the Internet on classified sites or on a website, it's best to be listing as many keywords as you can.

I once had someone who was looking for goats in Iowa (they are an animal rescue) decide to have their piano tuned because they accidentally came across my ad for piano tuning.
    Haha you know what I actually never thought about that.! You never know who's going to run across your ad anywhere.. that exposure is what brings them in..

Thanks clough!

Talk to you soon!

Enjoy this weather!
    And hope you have a nice weekend!
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:46 AM

Sometimes I even put things like Quad Cities lowest gas prices, or something else in my ads so that people will find me by accident.

I haven't gotten too adventuresome with that though, but I think that sex and politics would be a couple of other areas where people could be drawn to my ads because of what they are looking for.

I wish and hope for you a goodnight and also a great weekend! :)
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 03:47 PM

I was just thinking (perish the thought!) and forgot, that one thing that you should also put in your ads and on any websites you have is your first and last name.

Doing that will help to give you credibility. It's been mentioned to me previously by a customer, that by my putting enough personal information in an ad, it helped them in their decision to contact me.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2009, 03:56 PM
    13 hours later, you're towards the top on the second page of a Google search. I'm sure that we can get you on the first page at the top or near the top.

Name:  Chicago, IL Cleaning Service - Use.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  261.0 KB

Apr 20, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    13 hours later, you're towards the top on the second page of a Google search. I'm sure that we can get you on the first page at the top or near the top.

Name:  Chicago, IL Cleaning Service - Use.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  261.0 KB

Wow Clough! You are good!! Even number 13 is pretty good especially keeping in mind that there are thousands of other search options that showed up...

Lets work on another one tonight! How often can you repost on these sites.. Is it a weekly thing like craigslist.. Do they let you post everyday...

Let me know what time you will be on tonight.. I should be on around 11

Thanks Again for the help and advice clough!@@ Talk to you soon!
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:42 PM

Hi, Cleaningman23!

I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you! I have been busy, so haven't been on the Internet so much in recent days. Please let me know if you would like to work on this more.

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2009, 11:29 PM

Yea! I defiantly do! I just finished my website and went live today!I also obtained about 40 different keywords that we can use for an ad!
    Just let me know what time tomorrow and ill be on!!

Thanks again for the help!
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 05:34 PM

I'm on right now, Cleaningman23, and I'll also be on later tonight starting at about 10:00 P.M.

In answer to your questions in post #52, different advertising sites will vary greatly in the amount of days, months or even years that ads can be run on them. I would flood any one site with the same kind of ads though, because all of them that I've used don't like spam.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2009, 09:21 PM

Are you there, Cleaningman23?

Apr 27, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Hey sorry I didn't get back to last night... Can you let me know what time you will be on tonight if you are going to be on... For some reason the clock on these forums for me is messed up and they give the wrong time for the postings on the forum...

Let me know though! Any time after 10 ill be on tnight!

Thanks Again!
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:27 AM

Hi, Cleaningman23!

I'll be on tonight after 10:00 P.M. Hope to work with you then! Am just checking in for right now.

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2009, 08:17 PM
    Are you there clough I'm ready to do this hahaha
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 08:17 PM

Hi, Cleaningman23!

I just noticed that you were here. Can you wait for about 10 minutes because I need to leave to go get something?

Okay?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I have just started a commercial cleaning company and I am having trouble finding contracts. I am in the Maryland,DC and va area.

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How do I price a commercial cleaning?

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Once I get them on the phone what should I say?

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own cleaning business with someone that I work with now but we both work under someone else.We have a chance to pick up a very big job but we are not licensed and bonded.I live in Marion county, Florida and was told that you do not have to be licensed.How do I go...

View more questions Search