Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cleaningman23 Posts: 255, Reputation: 5

Jul 7, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Definitely! Rent a single disc machine AND the right size pads if you want the job to go well and do a good job. I would not use any other type of machine.

Based upon the hours I gave you above to do 1,0000 sq ftper hour, I would figure between 4 hours for 'clean' and 5 or 6 for 'dirty.

Figure your loaded hourly rate and price accordingly.

Important...let the chemical down to work...but do not let it dry and remember to rinse well.

When are you to do the job?

Stringer
    Well I am suppose to deliver the pricing to him today or tomorrow.. I am going to take it over there tomorrow though... now
    They are finishing the construction this week I believe...
    You said "1,0000" per hour or did you mean 1,000 per hour..

If it is 1,000 sq ft per hour

I am going to figure it out to be around close to two hours...

Now is the pricing going to be sq footage? Or hourly? I am unsure where I am going on that

Jul 7, 2009, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Cleaningman23!

Do you still want any help with advertising?

Thanks!
    Hi Clough!How have you been!
    Yes! Most Definitely ! I need to get this online ads back on track I am slacking!
    Please let me know next time you will be on... and I will be on...

I will most def be on tnite if you want to work on it!

Thanks Again!
    James
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaningman23 View Post
    well I am suppose to deliver the pricing to him today or tomorrow .. i am going to take it over there tomorrow though... now
    they are finishing the construction this week i believe....
    you said "1,0000" per hour or did you mean 1,000 per hour..?

If it is 1,000 sq ft per hour

I am going to figure it out to be around close to two hours....

Now is the pricing going to be sq footage?? or hourly?? I am unsure where I am going on that
    Your pricing as always...

Personally, I would use $0.11 sq ft as a safe competitive price; 1,866 sq ft X $0.11 = $205.00, only a suggestion as there is other profitable work available here also... correct?

I just got back... came through your area from Merrillville, In.

Won't be available until later tonight, granddaughter's birthday party.

Stringer

Jul 7, 2009, 07:45 PM

Yes. There is other Profitable work so I agree with you with the pricing..
    Oh you were out in Merriville?
    Did you you ever get that hospital you were talking about a little bit ago?
    I have have driver out about 45 minutes from my area to big commercial industrial zones and have had no luck recently... many had said they have their family do it or I have to Book an appointment with the perosn in charge of cleaning?

Have you come across the situation?
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 07:51 PM

I have have driver out about 45 minutes from my area to big commercial industrial zones and have had no luck recently... many had said they have their family do it or I have to Book an appointment with the perosn in charge of cleaning?
    Not sure that I understand your question?

Yes, we are in negotiations. It looks like it may take a couple/few months now... but it is progressing nicely, thank you.

Stringer

Jul 7, 2009, 07:58 PM

Oh I apologize...
    I had walked into a few places out in the bolingbrook area "Industrial Commercial Areas" and when I walked in.. Some of the secretaries were kind of not telling me if they did or did not have cleaning services and they explained to me that I had to make a appointment to meet the person in charge to speak with him...
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 08:01 PM
    Oh i apologize....
    I had walked into a few places out in the bolingbrook area "Industrial Commercial Areas" and when I walked in.. some of the secretaries were kinda not telling me if they did or did not have cleaning services and they explained to me that I had to make a appointment to meet the person in charge to speak with him....
    Yep... those are all my accounts and they are trained to take care of me... :D

Jul 7, 2009, 08:12 PM

Awww cmon let me get some of them... are you serious?
    I'm scraping over here for one single commercial job and your sitting back controlling your Mc Donalds Empire..

I still wonder to this day how all these damn foreigners steal all the jobs... everywhere I go has all ma and pa polish cleaning crews...

On top of it... I ran into a medical center cleaned by the nototious "Cardinal Cleaning" hehe
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 08:33 PM
    awww cmon let me get some of em...are you serious?
    im scraping over here for one single commercial job and your sitting back controlling your Mc Donalds Empire..

I still wonder to this day how all these damn foreigners steal all the jobs .... everywhere I go has all ma and pa polish cleaning crews...

on top of it...i ran into a medical center cleaned by the nototious "Cardinal Cleaning" hehe
    Yeah, they (Cardinal) give me a bit of bad air occasionally... they are also in Indiana. Actually they do a pretty good job overall, he is a tough competitor...

You will experience this "ma & Pa" thing because you both are going after the same size markets...

When you start to get larger and need crews trust me you will be damn happy that the Polish and Hispanics are willing to do the cleaning. "Americans do not want to clean toilets" even in this economy Clean. AND even if they do now, as soon as things get a little better they will leave you... fast. Most are excellent workers, we only hire those that are legal, we check thoroughly there is NO other way to do it. I wouldn't anyway, but the government is clamping down on employers that hire illegals.. big time.
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 08:35 PM

Most often with the medium and larger size jobs you will only get a name, phone number and possibly an email address on your initial call. Then you call and set up the appointments, like I mentioned once before. But, sometimes you get lucky and walk into one that will see you right away... it happens.

Jul 7, 2009, 08:49 PM

I think I know where you are coming from hehe... Did you at one time clean toilets stringer? What made you go into this business if I may ask...

I did go into a new medical building out and they told me they were in the process of bidding and the man in charge was out of town.. so I gave them my card... and stopped int here again and they said he was still out of town... They did not have any of his cards... how will I got about this...
    Business Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 10:08 PM
    I think I know where you are coming from hehe...Did you at one time clean toilets stringer? What made you go into this business if I may ask ....

I did go into a new medical building out and they told me they were in the process of bidding and the man in charge was out of town .. so I gave them my card... and stopped int here again and they said he was still out of town.... They did not have any of his cards ...how will i got about this....
    Along the way I have cleaned many and not just toilets. If you do not know how to do everything including carpets, VCT, stone, windows, general cleaning --- everything you will probably fail eventually.

I worked for another large company started in sales went to sales manager to VP of sales and was fired. Started this 17 years ago and it has grown since then. Each night I have about 200 full time people working.
    Business Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 10:33 PM
    I think I know where you are coming from hehe...Did you at one time clean toilets stringer? What made you go into this business if I may ask ....

I did go into a new medical building out and they told me they were in the process of bidding and the man in charge was out of town .. so I gave them my card... and stopped int here again and they said he was still out of town.... They did not have any of his cards ...how will i got about this....
    Do you have the man's name and phone number? You have the name of the company and the address right?

I would do two things at this point;

Call him, tell him who you are, your company and phoine number and that you are very interested in tendering a proposal on the cleaning. If you get his voice mail, leave a very brief message saying the same thing... except; tell him that you will also call him back as this is important to him and you. AND, leave your phone number twice. After you introduce yourself and again just before you say goodbye... say it slowly and distinctly.

Also, send him a brief (seriously-brief) letter on your letterhead, state your company's name and what you do. (One small paragraph)

Second paragraph of letter; "I'm sure you realize that the appearance of your building is important in many ways? Especially to a for profit company... Clean and sanitized is synonymous with health."

"I am looking forward to the opportunity of providing quality service for your building." "I will contact you to gather the information necessary to offer my bid."

"Thank you."

Your name
    Company name

This whole letter should be only about 1/3 of the total page, short and easy to read...

Stringer

2 phone numbers (landline and your cell

Jul 13, 2009, 08:49 PM

Hi stringer...
    Sorry for the late response I have been having some PC issues lately...
    How have you been I hope all is well!

Back to business
    All right me and my single employee stoppe din the building on Friday and his secretary was there and said she was under strict supervision not give his number out...
    I did get his name and cannot find an address online for it...
    She also said she would promise that she would have him call me today and the call never came... I think I may stop in there again tomorrow if I Have time or stop in there on wendsday...

I also contacted a bank and talke dot the person in charge with the cleaning.. she stated that she was satisfied with her current cleaning but said to send her a synopsis of my company and she would keep me in mind if she ever becomes this satisfied with her current provider any ideas?

By the way I do not have a landline hehe...

It is a cell for my main business... I hope this doesn't hinder things at all...
    Business Expert

Jul 13, 2009, 09:11 PM

Yes, when a sales call has reached a certain point and it is teetering on nothing going to happen, you have nothing to lose. I would stop at this place again and say that you were in the area, sooooo...

Many use the 'I'll keep it in my file' as and excuse to get rid of you... it usually ends up in the 'round file.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I have just started a commercial cleaning company and I am having trouble finding contracts. I am in the Maryland,DC and va area.

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How do I price a commercial cleaning?

Commercial cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

Once I get them on the phone what should I say?

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own cleaning business with someone that I work with now but we both work under someone else.We have a chance to pick up a very big job but we are not licensed and bonded.I live in Marion county, Florida and was told that you do not have to be licensed.How do I go...

View more questions Search