Ask
    xtranskaryxma Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 01:56 PM
    This really sucks
    Dealing well
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2006, 03:14 PM
    You both got caught up in the whirlwind and I think your idea of letting the dust settle is a good one. See what happens in a few weeks if you can stand it and please keep her g/f's out of your business. Go slow as a master chef savors his creation so should you both take your time. I can't imagine what the hurry is.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 03:57 PM
    It is easy to get caught up and overwhelmed. I would not do anything at all. Just sit back and do what you normally do on a normal day. Keep your mind open. At the same time, I think that her girlfriends have a lot of influence on her, which could be a problem, but they are her friends.

That is what I see.

Joe.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:55 PM
    You definitely need to back off at this point. Most people are not ready to dive right back in again after a 2-year relationship, regardless of what they may say. In circumstance such as these you can't always take everything she says at face value, whether it be to you or her friends. Lay low and do the things you enjoy with other people and by yourself. Don't contact her at all, at least not for a good long while. Even then, keep it very light.

Sep 15, 2006, 08:33 AM
    Thanks for that, actually her girlfriends were extremely happy for her that she was so excited. One of them said "your going to be married by this time next summer" which is what started the meltdown...
    ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Sep 15, 2006, 08:39 AM
    I hate "the friends". My relatonship with my ex was adversely effected by her best friend. In fact, I'd say 50% of the reason the relationship failed was because of her best friend.

Honestly, the only way around "the friends" is if your girl is strong enough not to be influenced by what the friends say. Otherwise, you'll most likely be doomed.

Sep 15, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Thanks for the advice, wish I had it before the mushroom cloud! What do you think is a good long while before touching base? No question about keeping it light if and when I do, just don't want her to disappear completely...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cold Air Duct Return Blows Instead of Sucks [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I need your help. I have purchased a home that has a new Hi-Effency forced air furnace. The house has a 2 1/2 ft crawl space - no basement. The heating and return ducts are below under the floor boards of the house in the crawl space. The crawl space is insulated as are the ducts. My...

H&R Sucks [ 15 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, I really appreciate your help on this forum. Here is my situation Aug’ 02 - Oct’ 04 F1 Oct’ 04 – Oct’ 05 F1 OPT Oct’ 05 – Present H1B

Toilet sucks air when washer drains [ 6 Answers ]

My house is approx 5 years old. Had basement (walkout) plumbing roughed in. Was carefully inspected for design, but somebody could have dumped concrete down a vent pipe for all I know. There are two vent pipes for the downstairs bath - one between the toilet and shower, one between toilet and...

View more questions Search