Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicola1985 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 01:38 PM
    After a first date
    Met a guy a few months ago through a friend's birthday party and I ended up getting his number. Anyway, we decided to finally meet up on Sunday just gone... its now Thursday night and I haven't heard from him.

Thought date went really well, we had a laugh and joke and a kiss at the end. I text him when I got home saying that I had a nice night and hoped he did too and maybe we could do it again some time. Didn't get a reply. So I text him on Tuesday a jokey text saying that I knew he was bad at texting but do I take it that he doesn't want to know or that he genuinely is crap a texting.

After coming out of a 3 year relationship in April 2005, I finally feel ready to move on, and feel that me and this guy get on really well and want to get to know him a bit better.

Do I text him again or not? Going on holiday Monday so tempted to text him on Sunday asking him if he wants to meet up when I get back and if he don't reply I know what the answer was... or do I just leave it and forget I ever met him?
    SINGLE4 Posts: 189, Reputation: 33

Sep 14, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Hi Nichola1985!

From experience I think you just need to let things be! Don't call or text him anymore! You are looking sort of "Desperate"... even though I am sure you're not! You made an attempt now let him contact you if and/or when he wants to! Don't wait around for a phone call! Enjoy life and enjoy being single! There Truly ARE MANY FISH IN THE SEA!!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 03:59 PM
    Don't text anymore. Please. Do yourself a favour. Stop hitting the send button.

Your are looking or seeming clingy already and it is only one date. Some people are scared by that.

Please leave it alone and let him respond this time. Let him be the one to contact you.

Joe
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Yeah let him contact you. You've tried and done your bit. He'll contact you if he wants to!
    But don't worry about it too much. You are going to have heaps of dates, some are going to be great and you'll go again. Some will suck and you will delete his number the moment you leave.
    Its called dating. There are heaps more out there so don't worry too much about this one!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
    I wouldn't text him. You've already done so twice. Let him contact you. If he doesn't then you'll just have to write this one off. If he does, then you can take it from there.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2006, 07:30 PM
    From reading her post, it sounds like she only texted him once, on Tuesday.

Next Monday she is going on holiday so she is thinking about texting him on Sunday (today is only Thursday, Sunday is in 3 days)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola1985
    Going on holiday Monday so tempted to text him on Sunday asking him if he wants to meet up when I get back

Nicola1985,

Did he even get your first text?

You said he is bad with them.

Give him a call on the weekend, to say hi. If no response from that, let it drop.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2006, 02:14 AM
    Hi Nicola1985,

I agree with all your answers.
    DO NOT text him anymore, you have done enough texting, if was interested he would have messaged you back.
    As said before, you don't want to come across as desperate.

Now unless you really really like him and you think he is worth any other try call him... Sometimes calling is better then messaging I believe you get a better idea if the other person is interested.
    Or
    Leave it, go on your holiday, enjoy yourself, if he messages you during your holiday I wouldn't even message back immediately, let him dwell on it for a while.

Good Luck and enjoy your holiday :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2006, 09:16 AM
    If he wanted to he would call but don't wait on him just go about what you were doing in your life and having fun, there are a lot more fish in the sea.
    Nicola1985 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2006, 11:58 AM
    Yer, I know there's a lot more fish in the sea. But it does get lonely in the meantime. And I did text him twice, once after the date saying I had a good time and secondly on the Tuesday, 2 days later telling him that he was crap at texting ( as we had a long chat about texting and he was telling me how bad he was at it) and that I didn't know whether he wasn't replying for a reasn.

I will not text him unless he texts me now... is hard though! Lol.

Thanks for all the advice peeps... gives me more will power to be doing what I know I should be doing in the first place!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 15, 2006, 12:10 PM
    Maybe because he is not good at texting he just doesn't do it. I know I delete all of my texts #1 because I ma not good and I think it a waste of time and #2 my plan does not allow for very many texts before charging extra.

Just go on holiday and have fun. Forget about him for now. If he calls you, hey GREAT, if not, well, it's his loss.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2006, 02:48 PM
    But it does get lonely in the meantime
    Yes it does but if you think about it with all the people in the world how can you be lonely? You can't, you are alone for now and the reason I bring this up is I think being alone makes people settle for any kind of company. Be aware if you are in this situation because you should always be true to yourself and not settle for a lot less than you deserve just to have some one. There is a big world for you to be a part of so get busy with a life you enjoy. You should never count on someone to make you happy or fulfilled. That's up to you and you alone. Do you have any idea how many broken hearts are out their just because they needed someone to validate them only to be used and abused? Read the threads of this forum for a clue. You don't have to settle to be happy. You need no one to make you happy. Depend on you and you own good judgement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When is the right age to date [ 21 Answers ]

Just curious. When do u guys think is the right age to start dating?:confused:

Can't date men? [ 20 Answers ]

I don't know if I am posting this in the right forum but anyway. Me and my ex broke up in June of last year. I have pretty much moved on from him. I think that I am the type of person that will not completely move on until I fall for someone else, but I have basically moved on pretty well and I...

To-date total based on current date [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to create a forumula that will give a cumulative or "to-date" total that will exclude future months from the total. i.e. ithe point in time is August and I need to show a to-date number Through August only even though September and October are included in The...

How do I ask her on a date? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question on how I can ask this girl on a date. There is this girl in my youth ministry group (church thing) that I have a huge crush on. She hasn't gone there in awhile, but I found that she works at a mexican restaurant. So of course it becomes my favorite place to eat. That is the only...

F-1 to H-1, what's the start date of H-1? Should be approval date or visa issue day? [ 3 Answers ]

As I mention before, I changed from F-1 to H-1 last year. I got my H-1 status in Feb 2004, but I went to my home country to get the H-1 visa stamp in August 2004. So I would like to know for counting my H-1 status, is it the date that USCIS (the Immigration) approved (which is Feb 1st), or the...

View more questions Search