Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pxrp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Water fountain won't pump
    I inherited a three-level water fountain with a house I purchased, which worked fine at the time of purchase. After a winter passed, refilling the fountain produced no water movement, even though I can hear the pump running. With no instructions at hand, how do I to locate the problem?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 06:57 PM

Hi pxrp

Is the pump accessible? Check water line from pump to top of water fountain.It may be blocked or disconnected.

Clean pump impellor and clean sediment from pump area.

Good luck

Chuck

Apr 16, 2009, 04:23 AM
    The pump is not visible. I guess I'll have to disassemble. Do the pieces just pull off (i.e. take top part off first, etc.)?
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 06:26 AM

If u could post some pictures, it would help.

There should be a way to get to pump without taking everything apart.

Chuck

Apr 16, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Here is a photo. Does this help?
    Attached Images

21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 03:51 PM

For some reason you can't get to the pump Try to hook up a hose system and down size that to where the water spurts out and purge/clean out the pump with water back pressure. Of course getting the debris out is another issue in the bottom there. Anyhow its just another approach.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 21boat View Post
    For some reason you can't get to the pump Try to hook up a hose system and down size that to where the water spurts out and purge/clean out the pump with water back pressure. Of course getting the debris out is another issue in the bottom there. Anyhow its just another approach.
    I agree with 21boat. See if u can hook a water supply to exit hose of fountain at top and force blockage out at bottom. Wet vac crud from water holding area. This will take some time. Repeat until holding area water is clean.

If this does not work, will have to dismantle.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GFCI Trips with newly spliced fountain pump [ 5 Answers ]

I am nearly exasperated trying to splice in a new fountain pump. Here's what I did: 1. bought a new pump (190gpm), cut the cord near its plug 2. threaded the power cord through the bottom of the fountain "tub" 3. spliced it to the power cord which runs under the rock patio to the gfci outlet....

Concrete water fountain crumbling [ 3 Answers ]

We have a concrete water fountain and the bowl is starting to crumble (underneath) I was wondering if it is worthwhile trying to patch/repair it or replace it. I am thinking of concrete patch material, although I know I won't be able to duplicate the pattern on the bowl considering it is...

Repair concrete water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large 3 tiered concrete water fountain (4 foot diameter of bottom tier) that leaks in the bottom tier. I left it uncovered last winter and it got a large crack in the bottom tier. I have tried to fix it with concrete patch stuff but it didn't hold up and started leaking again. The...

Water fountain? [ 5 Answers ]

My cat demands the faucet to be turned on to a trikle so she can get a drink, she refuses to drink from any water dish. She will not quit meowing until I give in and do it. How do I break her from this?

Washing Machine water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

What should I do if the cold water is coming out of the handle of the spigot instead of the mouth when I hook up the washing machine hose and turn on the water? Older home has very narrow water line to the laundry area. Should probably install shut-off valves before the faucets too. Could...

View more questions Search