Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sphyncx Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Girlfriend is giving me a headache
    OKAY so... here I am almost 7 months after when the relationship started. Things began to get a little rocky a few weeks ago when school was starting. This semester I'm in right now means a lot to me, because I screwed up freshman year I'm now digging myself out of a hole, and after this semester... if I do well... I'll be able to go to the school I want and get my bachlors there. So there is a lot of stress on me right now. Due to that we've been arguing more then "normal" (which normal couples argue about). We talked for hours and hours about the subject of what I'm going through and I came to the conclusion that if my grade start to slip, we should go on a break so I can focus on school. Now with school I also have work... so I'm pretty packed... only days off really are Friday and Saturday. Which I might not get to see her EVERY week end but every other at least. So then things were fine that day... and then later that night we were arguing a little again, nothing bad, and she offered we should go on a break... no contact for a week... and come back. So that's what we are doing. Or should I say "did". Today she said "we're over" because she was looking at one of my friends myspace page (that happened to be a girl) and say that I wrote "you are the best there is, and i keep my promises" which means she was helping me, and listening to the problems I had with this girl and was giving me advice... which mostly was like "that sucks but you should work thru it" sort of things. And I don't talk to her enough so I said I promise to do so more. So here I am, I did nothing wrong, she doesn't understand this and thinks I want to get with this girl now... and no matter what I try to do to explain myself she is tunnel visioned about the whole thing. It's like I'm in middle school. She's 18 and I'm 20... she never had a serious relationship before and quite frankly at times it's like dating someone that is literally in middle school. It's one big headache, and she's been questioning me about what I say and do a lot the past few months. Which is understandable but it's like every other thing...

Did I do something wrong?
    What do you think about all of this?
    Is she wrong?
    Is there a magic spell I can cast to make it go away? Lol

Right now I'm at a humor state with all this, it's like I can't help it and I know what I meant and I tried to explain it but I can't!
    I'm probably missing something in here but I'll see what questions arise if any and reply later. Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2006, 03:36 PM
    She says your through, then concentrate on school and work and don't call her. Give her plenty of space and go about your business.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 03:45 PM
    I agree with tal, but I am going to add a lot more to it. If this girl thinks your lying and is so possessive to let different things get to her. Even though this other person was just giving you advice. She would not even let you explain. She thinks she knows everything that your wrong and it is over. You do not need this headache. Take a strong tylonel and say good riddens. If she does not trust you, She thinks the worst and telling you it is over. Do not let her come back to you. If she is a headache for you right now imagine down the road. Does not mean it is completely over, but that is up to you now. If she comes crawling back, how you are going to deal with it.

Now I will repeat what tal said,

She says your through, then concentrate on school and work and don't call her. Give her plenty of space and go about your business.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:02 PM
    If it is such a big headache all the time then why do you want to be wit her?
    Ask yourself that question and see if you can come up with some answers that satisfy yourself.
    I just seems that this may not be worth the drama. I say put all your energies into making sure you go well at school!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 05:32 PM
    She probably is immature. She may not be ready or able to handle a relationship yet. She evidently has some problems with jealousy that she can't handle constructively. I'd go on that break, for a good long while. Focus on your studies and your job. Right now those are more important then trying to maintain a relationship with a jealous "middle schooler."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat (soon to be giving birth) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a couple of questions about my pregnant cat . Well I don't exactly know when the time of her getting pregnant was, but I think she is getting really close to giving birth to her kittens. First of all I would like to know if taking their temperature is an accurate way of telling whe nthey...

Giving up my dreams? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go...

Nasty headache with other issues [ 9 Answers ]

Anyway, I get severe migrains almost every month it seems... Ill be out for a few days, where I can't do anything. Anyway, after the migrain attack Im usually fine and can get back to normal business... but after my recent migrain attack I have had a severe lingering headache that's almost a...

View more questions Search