Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OwlM Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 08:42 AM
    Historians point of view.
    Hi my name is Reggi and I'm a writer.

I started new book, that will reflect human society through centuries, starting from 1520 B.C.
    I did my own research and plans, yet I want to know what would experienced historian want to see in this type of book, and what information should I provide that is not located in regular textbooks. Aim of this book is not only to entertain, but also to show how we changed, what we do wrong now, and what should have been done and still can be.
    I would appreciate your help. Fell free to name any even from any given time and place, it will be later my job to work things out so it will fit the story. Do not worry I will consider ALL suggestions and take it really seriously. You also might not limit yourself to 1500 B.C. I can add back round on previous events at any given time.
    Thank you.
    R.E.V.K.:p
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Apr 15, 2009, 01:53 PM

Are you starting at 1520 or 1500 BC (not sure which you chose - you list both) simply because it is a nice round number? Or is it related to specific event?

Are you asking for events and situations from the past to compare to today to get started?? Or do you already have some event picked out and you need more?

Apr 16, 2009, 04:40 AM

1520 B.C. its not round number just in 1500 B.C. there is eruption that changed planets climate and economic position of few "empires". I picked not one but maybe 100 events from history. Not sure but maybe spent year reading and as far as I can remember there were 500 books only on history. I will not do a straight forward comparison book will be a few vol. and I want readers to think, and my character will as he goes on explain how it feels.
    Yet my point is, that books do not cover everything and there is possibility of key events that are missing. For example in regular high school text book you will not find Tigran the Great of Armenia, and according to many historians he had similar effect on the world as Ottoman empire or Alexander the Great.
    Also what I want is to know what people are expecting to see from history and why ( why part I figure out myself ).
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Apr 17, 2009, 09:07 AM

There is always a sort of "butterfly effect" in history anyway.

What all kinds of people and events do you list. Scientists? warriors? Kings? explorers, valcanoes? Weather?

I would hope that Charlemagne is in your list, but what about his presedessors who provided his path to power?

The decision of the Chinese to shut themselves off from the rest of the world surely affected the history of the far east.

The effects of some events are simply not known, but could have been massive. The loss of the White Ship distorted the politics in England for years. Did that event, affecting a relatively small kingdom at the edge of Europe, in the long run affect world history, given the later prominence of England? Beats me, but it's a possibility.

Apr 18, 2009, 10:43 AM

To my question ,yet I see quite a house full of another ones.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone see my point of view. [ 7 Answers ]

I met this girl and we've been hanging out and stuff for a litlle over a month and well I took her to a dance and the whole day went perfect and we kissed and well we totally planned to chill again... Basically this Thursday I got a ring and was going to take her to the spot we first kissed...

Woman's point of view [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend left me on christmas. Two weeks later she got in a relationship with another guy because he made her feel like a queen. I used to call and text all the time but I quit. I fixed the problem and the reason that she left me and now she has been calling and texting me when she is not with...

Need another person point of view [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my story. I have been married for 17 years to my high school sweetheart. I love him to death. Anyway, just last year I cheated on him. Was a one time thing had no meaning, but was wrong and I know that. I am going through therapy for it. Well, he tried to keep things together and really...

Ladies Point of view on this [ 8 Answers ]

Ok. I'm going through a serious of waired thoughts and depressed about a situation with my ex girlfriend. We where together for 21/2 years.. Everything went smooth and we got along well, just like a normal relationship. The 2nd year of the relationship we had problems in which I was going out with...

View more questions Search