Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aladdin49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2006, 12:03 PM
    Replacing a pull chain switch
    Help! My new pull chain switch has (only) two black wires; how do I connect it to the ceiling wires (one black, one white, plus the ground wire)? Thank you!
    Willow
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2006, 02:54 PM
    I'm sorry, what are you trying to connect?

If you are replacing the pullchain, it should have the same number of wires as the old one, and not involve the "ceiling wires" at all.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...and-repair.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

New pull chain switch for ceiling fan light [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a new pull chain switch for my ceiling fan light. The lead wires coming down are white and blue. The wires on the new switch are black, blue and red. Normally these are simple installs but I need help on how to wire these due to the different colors. Thanks!

Hampton Bay pull chain [ 3 Answers ]

I disconnected all 4 wires from the pull chain before writing down their configuration. I have 2- black wires, a red wire and a blue wire. My new pull switch is labeled L - 1 - 2- 3. Does anyone know the wiring configuration?:confused:

Three way chain pull switches [ 6 Answers ]

I have (I believe) an old ceiling fan that has a three speed pull chain switch. The chain broke off inside the switch. The switch has four leads, purple, blue, pink (or flesh) and white. My problem is I can't find a switch that matches this configuration. I purchased a three way pull switch that...

Pull Chain Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I turned off my power and went to the hardware store to purchase a replacement pull chain light switch for my ceiling fan/light only to find upon my return that the little woman thought she would help me by removeing the old switch and bulb socket plate without labeling old wires. So here is my...

View more questions Search